Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is Awesome!!!

I needed something to blog about this week and just started thinking about how much I loved the My Little Pony series on the Hub. So I'm going to blog about that.

First off, I want to say that I initially had no intention of watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic-until I heard all the raving reviews from older fans. So I watched several episodes on Netflix, and now I'm hooked! This show has such clever dialogue, smart humor, and characters with depth. I just love it so much. I've watched every episode there is to date and can't wait for the next one!!!

Okay, so I'm going to give a basic rundown of the show:

The series is about Twilight Sparkle, a pony who is a favored student at Princess Celestia's school (Celestia is the ruler of Equestria, the land where all the ponies live). Princess Celestia's latest assignment for Twilight is to go to Ponyville to make some friends, because Twilight thinks that her studies are more important than friends. Twilight is reluctant at first, but she soon realizes how great friendship is. 
She ends up being best friends with Applejack, a friendly pony who's also willing to give a hand; Rainbow Dash, a brave and loyal pony; Pinkie Pie, a hyperactive pony who always wants to make freinds; Fluttershy, a shy but sweet pony; and Rarity, a somewhat petty but generous pony. And there's Spike (a baby dragon), Twilight's assistant and friend. 
The episodes usually revolve around a problem between the main characters (also known as the "Mane Six"-get it?) or their friends. The episode often ends with Twilight or her friends having Spike writing a letter to Princess Celestia about the lesson they learned. It's predictable, but the way they do it makes it seem engaging.

Well, that's all I can think of to say. Till next time! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment