Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cookin, Library Crafts, Summer


Remember the "cookin" I mentioned last week? Well, it happened! :3 So I'm gonna log it down!

The cookin was at noon, so, in the meanwhile, we did some sort of deep cleaning! Like I said last Saturday, we clean really well for guests XD but we also did it for ourselves, our mom reminded us :) After that, we had a few hours before the "party", so I turned on FX and started watching the middle of The Incredible Hulk as well as Spider-Man 3 (FX was having an all-day superhero movie fest for the Independence Day weekend :)

Then the food got there! Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken...mmm! It was delicious :) and no one else was there till later, so we are some. And then the people came! Some I had seen in awhile (like my grandma) but most of them I hadn't, save for Facebook. No one was really my age except for one of my cousins, so I didn't really stay to chat. Well, I talked with the adults a bit, but you know what I mean ;)

Switched At Birth wasn't as intense last week as I had thought...not until the very end, of course. But it did have some intense moments, and I was definitely on the edge of my seat. I'm not sure how much more I can handle for next Monday :O

The episode started off with Kathryn waking up in bed and getting a phone call and saying in an anxious voice that there was an emergency or someone was in the ER! I was like, "What the heck???" And then then cut to a scene that said, "Twelve hours earlier..."

Regina, I wish she'd just stop with the East Riverside job, because she's been nearly assaulted more than once and now she has a gun (A DEADLY WEAPON) for self-defense because of that Wes guy!!! Ugh! And she was going to do some illegal work or something with Chip Coto (whaaat???) and I'm just like, "Drop the job, Regina." Why is she so insistent on keeping it?

We'll get to more of that later (it gets more intense!); in the meantime, let's talk about what the Kennishes were doing! Toby came back home! (And he had a beard). And Bay was upset because she didn't get accepted into an art school she wanted to go to, so Toby convinced her to do some crazy (and illegal) thing and it didn't work out on some parts but it did at the end and she made a really pretty art piece. And they had a nice family moment (aw!)

Speaking of which, Angelo and Daphne had some nice family moment when they were cooking, and they hugged and had a "selfie" (let the feels kick in). But unlike the Kennishes, this won't last, unfortunately. And here we go to mention what I said earlier!

So Regina drives by the place she's working at, right? And she sees the word LIAR spray painted on the door! Even though it's in THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, she goes off to wipe off the vandalism! 

While she's doing this, Daphne goes in (Angelo was in the car next to the store) to get her mom - but Regina doesn't hear Daphne but hears someone! Of course she assumes it's some sort of criminal, so she PULLS THE GUN on Daphne!!! Thank goodness she didn't hit the trigger, but you can imagine how traumatized she'd be!

But that's not all! Angelo comes in and discovers this, and he and Regina get into an EXPLOSIVE argument about guns and safety and Angelo even accuses Regina of cheating on him with Wes! And then Regina points out how the last time Angelo accused her of cheating, he left Daphne. And Daphne's telling her parents to stop but they won't, and the scene ends with him driving off way too fast.

And then the scene cuts again to Kathryn picking up the phone call and hearing about the emergency, and then we see that ANGELO IS IN THE ER!!! WHAT THE HECK??? I think his driving was too dangerous so he got hit or something...and now I have to wait an entire week to find out what happens next!!! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME???

I received a mysterious package Monday (it was from an address I didn't know), and my mother assumed that it was from my grandma so I left her a voicemail. Tuesday she called me back and confirmed she sent the package (as well as another one). At the time I only had that one package, and I eagerly opened it. 

I found a bracelet that had the words "Stay Strong" on it with a heart on the back, and it just filled me with so much euphoria. Immediately I thought of Demi and how she has the exact same words as tattoos written on her wrists. Once again, I actually felt like I could be Demi, was Demi, could understand how she felt. Even though I'm trying to change my perspective on life and feel like it's the best way for me to be truly happy, little things like this help me so much. I'm going to wear the bracelet as much as I can (it's waterproof!), so that I'll never forget: stay strong❤️

I finished “A Wrinkle In Time” Wednesday. It was OK. I wished I had liked it more; I didn’t really care about the characters or could get into the story. And I would say that it’s overrated, but, you know, to each their own. I’m glad others enjoyed it ^_^ I wrote a review for it, which I will post on my reviewing blog sometime, and I’m 2/3 way through with my goal of reading 12 books this summer!!! I only have 4 more to go (though I’ll probably read more afterwards, just cause I love reading!!!)

I went to this t shirt modification craft thingy at the library Friday! Well, not the library closet to me, but another girl was there. The person in charge and her mother helped me, but it was more like guiding me how to measure, cut, etc. I had a lot lf fun, and I loved leading some new tools to use! There was this pizza cutter looking thing that cut my fringes really nicely, and a wonderful grid to help me cut even fringes. And I put pretty beads on and took some pictures (which I need to upload to my computer)! I can't wait for next week - duct tape!!! :)

Anyway, that's it for the week! My grandma bought me "Stay Strong" Friday!!! I've wanted to read Demi's book for after reading the sample on iBooks and now I finally have it!!! I'm so happy. I love how she has little tips on self-improvement for every single day of the year :) Stay strong, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment