Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

This Week In My Life...


My brother found out that this software called Winebottler is an application that allows your mac to download Windows-exclusive apps, so I got it so that I could get Paint!!! :D My Mac is great, but I missed Paint when I switched over. But now I have it!!! :)


Switched At Birth broke my heart last week! :( Angelo, as we saw, was seriously injured in the hospital, but I was hoping that he’d wake up eventually. But then the doctor said that he was brain dead, and I’m not sure if he was trying to commit suicide or not or because he was apparently already brain damaged and his stress/anger set him off…but he. Died. He was just starting to bond with Daphne and become a real father! I can’t believe they killed him off!!! It didn’t feel real; I think I’m going through the five stages of grief :’(

On the bright side, I found out that the last thirty minutes of The Little Mermaid was on Disney Channel, so that made me happy!!! :D I have watched that film SO many times, you wouldn’t believe it. I’m really obsessed with it, and it made me obsessed with mermaids ^_^

But during that I made a Star Wars reference somehow, and then I decided to watch the climatic battle scene in Revenge of The Sith, and that made me sad, too, because I’ve always been devastated how Anakin turned to the dark side and how the film ended on such a sad note :( So I was depressed again :’( Way to go, Fairley! But I got a little happier when I saw the lightsaber battle and started thinking, “Hey, I’ll see this again in Episode VII!” Nerding out moment :)

So I just started watching Sherlock last week or so!!! Everyone (at least it seemed) kept telling me how great it was, and then my brother told me that he was enjoying it, so I started watching it - and it’s really good! Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are great actors (and I must confess - Benedict is kinda-sorta-hot). And, even know I’ve never read the books (crazy, right?) it’s really cool how they updated Sherlock and made him a super genus who can tell if you’re married by the color of your jacket or something! It’s actually more like a superpower, but whatever…I’m not sure if I’d call myself a Sherlockian yet, but I do enjoy the series ^_^


I’m practically done with NaNoWriMo!!! I got a bit confused, though (and still am) about the word limit thing per day vs. the past weeks and accidentally put in not enough of the word limit, but I’ve gone WAY over (unintentionally) my 30,000 word limit - I have like 40,000 now!!! :O But I’m glad I finished (I WILL finish!) the fourth draft of the first Hyper-Monkey novel. I don’t feel like I’ve gotten too far in it - granted, my past drafts didn’t have any major rewrites like this one - but I have gotten somewhere, so that counts for something :) And I must thank NaNoWriMo for keeping me up on my toes and not making me procrastinate! I was determined to win this thing ;)

I went to another craft workshop thingy at the library Friday! This time, we made duct-tape, which, if you know me, is one of my obsessions ^_^ Anyway, I decided to make a little phone case with this really pretty duct-tape patter and some duct-tape bracelets. I also started making a rose but ran out of time during the class, but at least now I have the idea on how to do it! :) I need to start remembering to take pictures of these! :P The library took some but I don't know if they're on Facebook or their website or wherever.

Oh, I think I wrote this last week, but you know the 12 books goal I have this summer? I'm practically done with it!!! :) Yesterday, I went to get a book called "Quicksilver", which is based off of either a Greek myth or multiple ones and is narrated by Hermes, but then my Mom told me that Champion, which I had put on hold, WAS AT THE LIBRARY!!! So I went to get it and I'm so happy you guys. I can't wait to read what happens with June and Day! But now the series is going to end for me :O But I have to read it :D Dilemmas...Oh, and I'm pretty sure I saw the lady who used to be in charge of the volunteers at one of my libraries (she had transferred to another one) there that day!!! But I never got (or took) the chance to talk to her. Anyway, that was cool :)

Well, that’s been it for the week. Next Friday the library’s going to do paracord bracelets (which I looked up and am excited for!) and I’m going to try and catch up on Sherlock by Sunday or Monday :D Wait, why am I happy about that? I have to wait two years for season 4, right? :O Lol, ciao!  

No comments:

Post a Comment