Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

More Outings

We went to the 6th park Sunday. I actually used to go to this park when I was younger. They had a nice trail, about 1.5 miles, so we walked on it. But we took several detours, so my mom said we probably walked longer than 1.5 miles. Anyway, it was long, and I got tired. But I really enjoyed looking at all the stuff they had there. Tennis courts, volleyball court, baseball field, lots of stuff for recreational sports.

Since I didn't finish The Nine Lives of Chloe King (preferred the book), I donated it to the library and went to pick up two other books. I hoped that Four: A Collection (a companion novel in the Divergent series from Tobias "Four" Eaton's POV) would still be there, but, alas, it was gone :( But I saw Hex Hall, which I wanted to read, so I picked it up. And I saw this book called Chimed that I read was good from some reviews, so I checked it out as well. What's funny is that both of the books I checked out are about witches. But the same thing happened when, after reading Wicked Lovely (which is about faeries) I looked up the third book in a series I had previously read about faeries.

Oh, and the library has this summer reading program (I may have mentioned this before) for kids, teens, and adults. Since I'm technically still a teen, I did the teen thing. One of the ladies working there (I asked her about the program) gave me this bag full of cool coupons and such. For some you have to read, but for others you just can use it. Like I can get a free lemonade at Chick-Fil-A :D

We were going to go to the park Monday but it rained :( But we did eventually go, just later than we planned to. So before then, we went to the smallest library in our county. It's pretty small, especially compared to the biggest one we have (which is HUGE, but I'll get to that later ;) I didn't find any books there but some of my siblings did, so we checked that out.

Afterwards, we headed to the park, which marks as our 7th one. Unfortunately, the park had no trails, but the younger ones still had fun on the playground. I decided to read some of the Hex Hall book in the meantime. So that was nice, especially since I have a gazillion books I wanna read xD

Then we went downtown. One of my brother's previous community college teachers asked him a while ago if he could help her with some summer camp thingy classes she was doing, so he was going to be downtown (that's where the main campus is) to do that. And me and some of the younger ones had a coupon in the summer reading program we had from the library to get a free kid's ice cream. Hey, I may be 18, but I can suffice with a kid's treat if it's free xD It was good, too, and I didn't feel cheated out of anything. It's probably more around a serving size, anyway. Man, it was good :D

After we all did that, mind you, in pouring rain (it was awful), we went to the biggest library. Like I mentioned earlier, it was HUGE. Like, twice the size of the library I used to volunteer at, and that's the second biggest one we have! So anyway, we looked around, and I fell in love with the giant YA section. And guess what? I FOUND THE HEIR!!! It's the fourth book in The Selection series that I've been DYING to get my hands on.

Tuesday was Cow Day, where Chick-Fil-A would give a FREE meal to those dressed up like a cow from head-to-toe!!! So of course we HAD to go, scrambling to find cow costumes, mind you. We only got ears and one of those (misspelled) "Eat More Chicken" signs, but the person there gave us a WHOLE free meal!!! Plus, I had a thing from the library for a coupon for a frosted lemonade! Free food, anyone? We went again for dinner, but this time we only got the entree :/ (entrees are for those partially dressed like cows). Still, two days of Chick-Fil-A FREE food in a row? And my mom brought fries from the grocery store, so we did end up eating that :D It was SO good. Next year we will come more prepared so that we'll get the whole free meal, no matter what. But this time was great, too! There was even a person there (don't think he was an employee) dressed a a cow Darth Vader :D I got a picture with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment