Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

August Begins

It rained HORRIBLY Monday. Well, at first it didn't rain - it had just rained the other day, so it was wet outside - so we decided no park today (probably) and headed off to grab some breakfast. Well, guess what - IT RAINED. HARD. It's like the rain was trying to make up for the lack of rain the weathermen had predicted all of last week! So, anyway, we got inside, soaking wet, ate some breakfast, and left. I think it wasn't raining as hard that time.

Then we went to the library. I don't think it was raining too badly then. I saw an interesting-looking book based on Anastasia Romanov's life by an author who wrote a bunch of historical fictional novels on the Tudors I enjoyed, so I picked it up (it's called Anastasia And Her Sister's, by the way, in case anyone's interested, and the author's Carolyn Meyer). I also picked up ANOTHER book on a royal, but this one was fictional - Princess Ben, and I forget the author's name. But I'm reading the one on Anastasia first, since I kept hearing about the Romanov's awhile ago - or maybe I was just thinking about it and finally wanted to read about their life (or what it could have been). Plus, I hardly know anything about Russia or WW1.

We went to eat out again later, since we got a bit of a flat tire and wouldn't make it home in time for lunch. It rained again, hard again, so we had to run inside. And we ended up staying at the library again since we had to wait on the car. By now it was POURING outside. When the car was ready, we literally had to rush inside the van and quickly shut the door since it was raining so badly. And it kept stopping and coming, so we always had to be prepared just in case it decided to rain crazily again. But hey, it helped the plants grow, eh? xD

We went to eat out again later, since we got a bit of a flat tire and wouldn't make it home in time for lunch. It rained again, hard again, so we had to run inside. And we ended up staying at the library again since we had to wait on the car. By now it was POURING outside. When the car was ready, we literally had to rush inside the van and quickly shut the door since it was raining so badly. And it kept stopping and coming, so we always had to be prepared just in case it decided to rain crazily again. But hey, it helped the plants grow, eh? xD

It rained again Tuesday but it was NOTHING like yesterday. In fact, Monday made Tuesday look like a wimp xD Anyway, we went out again to pick something up at the library, and I went on my new (starting this fall!) school campus to get my student ID. And financial aid paid for my classes that day (I think it was on that day, because I called yesterday and they said they hadn't paid yet). We also went to the grocery store. And the rain made it so we could unfortunately not go to the park :/ But hey, I still got out :D

It was REALLY hot Wednesday, so we opted to head to the beach :D The waves were seriously WILD out (now I sound like a stereotypical surfer xD) But seriously, they were hard. It felt like I was getting punched by it sometimes! But it was fun :)

We spent the rest of the days visiting parks around the city. In total, we've been to about 18 :O It's so awesome :) I really am enjoying exploring all the different parks around the area. It's great for soaking in fresh air, exercising, and just plain fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment