Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

College 2015

Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't posted lately. Truth be told, I just finished my first week of college Friday (whohoo!) so I'm been pretty busy. It's not terribly hard to adjust, but you do have to keep up with your assignments and such. You have to be very self-directed, knowing when to ask help when needed, which, fortunately, I've learned pretty well :) So I'm adjusting pretty well

How do I feel about college? Honestly, I love it. I love that you have more freedom over what you want to learn - granted, you have prerequisites and such to take, but it's all towards your major of study. Plus, you get electives, which I kind of have this year, and you get to choose your teacher, which time you want to go to school (from the available times they offer, of course) and such.

I'm really enjoying my discussions. I'm fully engaged in my English class, and I love my teacher.  He's like an English nerd like me, so that's cool :) My mom knows my music teacher, and he's really nice, really chill, so while I'm not into that class as much, I like it and I like the teacher :) My art teacher is really nice too; and I don't like math, but my math teacher is very helpful, which is nice.

Another thing I'm loving is the social experience. I've met so many people studying different things, similar things, etc. and even made a couple of friends on the first day of school! I guess it's because everyone wants to be there that they seem genuinely excited for school and learning. Actually, the two friends that I make have several mutual friends with me on Facebook! :D (which reminds me, I saw an old friend from dance class taking classes there, and two of my other friends from dance are taking dual enrollment! How cool is that?)

So yeah, overall I'm loving college. It's so much fun. Work, yes, but fun. It's not TOO bad as long as you keep up with your assignments and such - which your teachers definitely remind you of. Most of them (at least all of mine) just want you to succeed in their class, so why wouldn't they help you? My point is, as long as you put your mind and effort into school work, college can be great.

With that all said, I probably won't be posting here weekly, as you can see I have been doing already. I probably will post every now and then, but not as regularly. I love writing, but I don't want to feel overwhelmed. Blogging has its benefits, don't get me wrong, but I already have a diary I prefer writing in everyday, which is what I used to do for my blog, plus I have school assignments and my own writing projects on the side. So I apologize for not posting as often. I hope you don't miss me too much.

But don't worry: I won't keep you in the dark TOO much. I will fill you in on the details of my life every now and then, so it's not like you'll NEVER see me posting at all. So thanks to all the people who've been viewing my blog and (hopefully) entertained by it. I look forward talking to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment