Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Exciting News!!!

I know I said I'd probably stop blogging here regularly, but I had a fantastic day on Tuesday therefore must tell/brag about it on here xD

First off, as I mentioned last week, English is my absolute favorite class. I love the discussions, I love my teacher, I love my classmates, I just love it. I have two friends I've made in that class (Andi and Zach), so it's always nice to see them like, twice a week. So as you can see, English is always making my Tuesdays fun :)

Now, here's what happened last week: Our teacher was looking over our introductory essays that we'll be graded on at the end of the class (not a full semester - something called a "mini" session and it ends in October) and he looked over mine and said there wasn't much to edit. So that made me so proud. I was grinning ear to ear and bragged about it on Twitter xD

I got to hang out with Andi and Zach in the cafe after class, though I was mainly hanging out with Andi since Zach had to leave for a class. We got some work done but also talked a bit as well as with some other students (and a guy named West we met another time).

So eventually Andi leaves for class and I go to do my work and such in the library, got kinda bored (I really need to give myself a break every now and then from work - I go WAY overboard) and headed back to the cafe. What was funny was that I was thinking, "Aw, I wish I saw someone I knew here!" And guess what happened? I saw an old friend from dance class (Miranda), a friend I met through Zach (Chelsea) and Rylee, another girl I used to dance with! How ironic was that?

But it gets even better - so Zach and I have a lot of mutual friends on Facebook. Two of them, Lauren and Jessi, whom I used to dance with, are good friends with him. Zach posted something the other day about doing a film and Lauren said she was interested (I assume Jessi did, too, because they're really close) and when I come back to the cafe, I see them all sitting together! I have literally not seen them since like, dance class, which was yeeeearrs ago. So we're all happy to see each other and they tell them they're making a film. I mentioned on Zach's Facebook post that I'm a bit of a writer so Jessi was asking if I could help while they brainstormed. I didn't do a whole lot of talking, mostly because I was an introvert surrounded by many extroverts xD, but I did give some input and really enjoyed myself :) That was so awesome, and I hated to leave, but I had a club meeting.

Which brings me to the club meeting. There are a LOT of people there. Like, seriously. And we have a lot going on. I think I'm going to enjoy it :D The group is NAMI on campus - NAMI is a national organization dedicated to helping people with mental health issues (they're acronym stands from National Alliance on Mental Illness). We're going to be putting up posters and whatnot for Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, which, you guessed it, happens to be this September. And a bunch of other stuff we talked about doing. So that ought to be fun :)

See why I had to brag? I had SUCH an amazing day! It's always wonderful to see familiar faces. And I saw them again Thursday. So that was really cool. I'm really enjoying my classes overall (although art is too long - it is once a week, but it's three hours!!!) So yeah, that's all I wanted to say. Goodbye, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment