Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Free Schooling Courses


This post really applies to homeschoolers, but non-homeschoolers may be interested in it :)

A few days ago, I was looking for a typing course that I could add to my schoolwork. I found this great free online typing course.
And it made me wonder what other free courses I could get on my hands. I heard that some homeschoolers use the library as their main schooling, and while I don't do that currently, I think it'd be cool to use it for at least some of my courses (like maybe literature). I'm a sucker for free stuff, though, so not everyone may share my excitement :)
One of the things I really enjoy about homeschooling is that you can choose your own curriculim. I mean, yeah, your parents usually do it, but if you're older (like a teenager) they may allow you to choose some (many homeschooled teens are working independently; I'm one of them :D). I've never been excited with school before, but I guess I like choosing schoolwork because I have control over it. I think that if students are allowed the freedom to choose some of what they learn, they may enjoy learning more. I'm not trying to be preachy or anything, but I personally enjoy my work more when I get to have some say over what I learn.
Well, I don't know what else to say. Until next week, I guess! Bye :D

No comments:

Post a Comment