Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Stuff


I watched The Winter Solider Sunday. It was okay. I didn't particularly like the whole "you can't trust anyone" storyline, and there was too much violence for my taste. Also, I've never really found Steve Rodgers/Captain America to be as interesting as some other superheroes (ala Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Tony Stark/Iron Man.) He just feels like the embodiment of everything a superhero should be, a man with no moral struggles, just like Superman. But it was "perfectly adequate" (as one person said) and entraining overall. I liked Falcon - he was funny - and Natasha/Black Widow was better because she was less of a Mary Sue in this one and was cracking some jokes ;)

Once Upon A Time did get more interesting on some parts. We found out about Zelena's past. Her adopted dad was an insufferable jerk for reasons unknown, and she turned her into a jealous witch once she discovered that Cora had favored Regina. So really, The Wicked Witch of The West is just a jealous woman. It's better than Peter Pan's evil-for-no-reason vibe, though, and at least it gives Regina an excuse to make snarky remarks like how the WWOW was in a love triangle with the Scarecrow XD I love Regina's transition from evil queen to cynic.

One of the books my sister Amber got from the library book sale, a Clone Wars book (titled "Wild Space"), and let me say that, while it is very well-written, the characters are terribly out of character!!! Everyone pretty much acts like a jerk and has their emotional reactions kicked up to a 10!!! I flipped through some pages and found that this just went on. I'm so mad at them that I just want to jump in the book and slap much of everyone across the face! Gah!!! I don't know if I'm going to continue reading this or not. Like I said, it is well-written, but terribly OOC, and that's frustrating me to the point where I can rip my hair out :p


I'm really liking the dance we're doing in dance. We did it again Monday and changed/added on some stuff. The class has gotten a lot smaller, with only my sister, another classmate, and I. I don't know where everyone else went.

Agents of Shield was at its most interesting it's ever been so far this Tuesday. It tied in a lot with The Winter Solider with double agents in Shield really working for Hydra. And (BIG SPOILER!!!) Ward helped Hydra at the end!!! I doubt they're making him evil - maybe he's a double agent - but Im really invested in it now. I'm excited for next week and hope it'll do the opposite of most shows that drop in quality :D

My mom and brother had been talking about getting me another birthday gift for a few weeks now (it's been an AGONIZING wait!), but they finally got it Wednesday!!! It's a Divergent charm bracelet with ALL five factions on it and a Divergent water bottle! I really like the water bottle and am totally in love with the charm bracelet. Amity's about the only one that looks a bit off, but all the others look almost EXACTLY like the factions. I love it. I'm gonna wear it everyday :)


So last week I posted how I was upcycling of late. Well, this week I made a bag. OUT. OF. CHIP. BAGS. Seriously, it's made out of empty chip bags! I found the project on Pinterest and then figured out how to make him from thereon. It's really easy, too! I love it :D

You guys, I forgot to tell you - one of my absolute favorite Star Wars fanfiction writers private messages me pretty much every time I review their new story!!! And I asked them for advice on my own Star Wars fanfic and they gave me some tips! It's always a smart idea to get advice from someone else's work whom you love, isn't it? Why not take tips from the master? ;)

I really need to finish editing. The good part of a second draft: You've already gotten the first idea out, so your job's easier. The bad part: Editing is not fun for me :P I have to force myself to write battle scenes because I honestly don't feel like doing it. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's Star Wars and it has to have battle scenes, but the reason I love the franchise so much is because of story, not action. I've gotten a few tips from people, though, on writing battle scenes in general, so I'll try doing that. I might force myself to watch a few and take notes. But hey, I'll get better at it that way! :)


In other writing/reading news, I'm still getting through Uglies. It is slow at some parts, and boring, especially when I compare it to my up cycling projects (which I am totally in love with :3), but when I sit down to read it it's hard to put down. Seriously, this book is really good. I love the whole idea of society becoming SO obsessed with beauty that they genetically altered people and punished anyone trying to avoid the superficial lifestyle. I think more people need to read it because it's so thought-provoking and is a cautionary tale for us, a society that already puts too much emphasis on beauty. I'm getting mind-blown on so many levels :O

Hehe, well, that's it for this week. I haven't posted anything about moving lately because I honestly don't know where we're going :/ lol. That actually reminds me, though - we're supposed to be going to either Disneyland or Great Wolf Lodge next week. I know most people would be excited, but I think I've been on too many trips and have grown a little jaded of it (I just learned what that word meant this week :) But it's all good! Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment