Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Is Here!


Like my picture? I am a HUGE fan of tap dancing. I've been doing it for about five years now, and it's probably my favorite dancing form (the only one that's next to it is modern dance ;) I actually wanted to take acro during my second year of dance, but I was too big to have a spotter so Mom suggested I tap. What's funny is that she did the same thing with duct-tape when I couldn't figure out how to work my jewelry making kit, and I love that, too. Mom's got some wisdom ;)

My Little Pony came on last Saturday, as usual. One thing that I don't like that they're doing is having one of the Main Six in an episode centered on them as opposed to all of them. I still enjoyed the episode, but I wish they had the other ponies.  I love all of them :)

Spider-Man 3 came on FX. It wasn't my favorite out of the Spider-Man Trilogy - there were too many villains in it, and the story was okay (not to mention I couldn't stand Mary Jane :P), and Tobey couldn't really pull of emo Peter, though he was funny - but I still enjoyed it. It certainly brought back memories...I still can't believe 2007 was 7 years ago--that means I was 10 7 years ago :O

I'm not sure if I'm too "old" for the KCAs or not, but I watched them (it's kind of a tradition :) I don't know why I'm not enjoying them as much, but maybe it's because I'm older. Actually, I did enjoy this one. It was better than the 2010 one (which I didn't like for some reason). Most of my nominees didn't win (Catching Fire did :) but I did't watch too many films last year, so that's to be expected :P There was also more slime this time, just like I like it. They may have put on too much slime this time, though, because the presenters were having difficulty opening them and kept talking about the slime. And of course it was all live :3

Once Upon A Time came on Sunday, as usual. I still like the show to an extent, but I'm getting tired of them constantly saying that Zelena is powerful. It's like how they kept saying Peter Pan was powerful (so far I don't dislike Zelena to the Peter Pan level, but I still don't like her :P). One of the common things I've heard said in storytelling is "show, don't tell." Regina and Rumple feel more threatening because we saw them be powerful instead of them keep telling us that. Oh, well, at least it hasn't jumped the shark completely.

We did more dance choreography Monday :) I have to wonder, though, what we're doing for the showcase at the end of the semester. I don't even know if we're having one. We did a bunch of dances (which I love), but we haven't been building up for anything. Oh, well, either way, I'm glad I danced. And I am so glad I don't have to deal with recital drama--I am so over that :P

Momma got me a Katniss Everdeen doll :) While I did enjoy The Hunger Games, she noticed that I preferred The Hunger Games (no offense to her gift--I seriously liked the doll and thought they did a really good job with her face mold.) But they didn't get Tris' face right! She looks just like Barbie :P So I'm getting an iTunes gift card instead :)

It felt weird that Switched At Birth didn't come on this week. I know I said it's okay now and jumped the shark (though it's better

Agents of Shield was better Tuesday night, but, of course, it left off in a cliffhanger :P And it looks like they're going to start doing the whole "you can't trust anyone" trope. I really hope they don't, though. I mean, a few people are okay, and it definitely makes the show interesting, but after awhile that'll get old,

Meemaw came over Wednesday.

So I finished Lizard-Man's second story Tuesday! Or "finished". I sped through a battle scene I didn't have the patience to write (I'm not a big fan of writing/reading/watching battle scenes.) And the ending didn't wrap up as resolved as I wanted it--I only need to add more words, but, once again, I felt too lazy to do so :P haha, anyway, I feel like I did a kind of bad job on this story, only because I had some writer's block every now and then and therefore skipped over parts :P But at least I got the first draft down! It's supposed to be a rough draft of the idea, anyway, so I think I did a pretty darn good job overall ;)

Since I'm done with that story (1/5 way done with all the Lizard-Man ideas I feel like I can write! :P), and I do a new story every month, I'm writing my second draft for the Star Wars fanfic I wrote February!!! In some regards the second draft is worse than the first because you have to start paying attention to little details like "grammar" and "the story making sense" :p lol, but on the other hand, the hardest part is out of the way--the coming up with the story! Now that I've got it written down, I can look back and edit at bits and pieces. I figured that I'd like at least 10 drafts of this, I think (I know, a lot--but it's a novel.) After I clean up the story and such, I'm getting someone on Fanfiction.Net to beta this brute! XD

The library book sale was Friday!!! Let me tell you something, though: it was PACKED!!! It always is, but Mom had us back in the car for awhile and was near the end of the line :O Haha, but I found some REALLY good books! I got the A New Hope and Return of The Jedi novelizations, completing my Star Wars Original and Prequel Trilogy books (YES!), Matched by Ally Condie (I have the ebook but kind of wanted the actual one), Catching Fire and Mockingjay (I have the ebook of Catching Fire and read Mockingjay via the library but wanted to complete the series), a Greek mythology book, and several writing books that both me and my Mom got to help our skills :D

Space Jam came on the same day! I'm not a big fan of it, but it was fun, and I have several childhood memories of it (my brother Manny loved it as a kid and I think he still does :D). It's amazing how many scenes I remember from it. Manny must have watched it so many times (I even remember some of the commercials on the video we had of the film.)

Well, that's it for the week. I watched My Little Pony today and played the Life board game with my family. It was, in short, intense and a heck of a lot of fun XD Ah, I love my family :D See you all next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment