Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Awesome August


I can't believe it's August already! Wow, the year goes by fast. School semester will probably be starting soon (I'm going to be a senior :O), and all that good stuff...but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. I tend to think ahead of time but I really want to start enjoying 

OMG I JUST REMEMBERED THAT I COULD READ SOME OF THOSE STAR WARS EU BOOKS OM IBOOKS AND I DID SATURDAY AND I FOUND MATTHEW'S NOVELIZATION OF REVENGE OF THE SITH AND READ THE PREVIEW AND I LOVE IT BECAUSE IT'S JUST SO FLIPPING PERFECT SO FAR!!!

Okay, fangirl moment over now. But in all seriousness, I'm so excited that I FINALLY got to read what looks like a great book and that it's at the tip of my fingertips :) And it's at one of the libraries (okay, I'll stop talking soon since I know not everyone is obsessed with Star Wars like I am).

I know I keep obsessing over ROTS, and I feel like I'm the only one who loves it so much, but I just can't help it. Its my favorite Star Wars move by far - not even Empire Strikes Back has reached it peek (though it is my second favorite film!) It's SUCH an epic story, full of so many deep, psychological thoughts, thought-provoking themes...I love it so much. Even if it's dampened down, my obsession for it will likely never go away. I feel like I can relate to it, too, and can use it to help me become a better person - on what not to do. I feel like I have a personal connection with it, with some of the characters (especially Anakin, though not to his extent, of course), and that's why I love it so much. I can't wait to buy the book! Now, if I could just get my hands on some extra money..

Okay, NOW I'm done. Anyway...

Switched At Birth is getting into soap opera territory again...It makes NO sense that Daphne would KISS the guy who INSULTED her mother! I mean, WHAT THE HECK??? And then she damaged the property her mom was working on with Wes and laughs about blackmailing a Senator?

I knew that the show was deviating from family territory and getting more soap opera-esque after season 1, but I'm just seeing how far it's going. Season 2 at least had the storyline with Carlton and the deaf culture, and even though this show still does, it feels more focused on drama that feels unrealistic (i.e. Daphne's ridiculous acting out after Angelo's death, Bay cheating on Tank after repeatedly insisting that she hated being cheated on). It's still entertaining, and I liked the storyline with Bay' and the aneurysm, but if it keeps this up, I'm not looking forward to newer episodes.

Should I give up on it? I don't like leaving shows, especially if they're still entertaining. And I feel like I "should" keep watching - it feels weird just to stop. But the characters are acting so unrealistic sometimes. I liked the one with Angelo's death (not the death, of course!) because it was a heartfelt storyline, but now it's back to relationships, and Daphne acting like a total brat. I don't know; I'll probably still watch it, but I'm not as engaged anymore. But better to have drama on television than in real life, right? I thought it might help because I can make way too much drama in my real life :P This is much better. 



I had my first doctor's check up appointment after like forever Tuesday. My brother also had one, and we have a family doctor, so I waited for him at times and vice versa. I did some checkups with the nurse and then the doctor came in. I actually spent more time talking to him about my health than the actual checkup. I felt really comfortable talking to him, which I thought was nice. To be honest, I can't remember my past doctors - I don't think I've ever had one we went to before - but I guess because of something with ObamaCare (which I know very little about) we have the insurance now so we're getting all these checkups now.

My grandma came over Wednesday, and she brought my sister Imani an early birthday cake (actually a cookie cake :) since she wouldn’t be there on her birthday (which was Thursday). And it was delicious! Yum! :) She also got her a $50 dollar iTunes gift card (WOW!).

Thursday was my sister Imani's birthday!!! She turned 19. We didn't do as much that day, but more on the other day. I gave her a $10 iTunes gift card. And Friday, my dad took her out to get some sushi, since they're the sushi lovers in the house.

This was kinda a doctor week for me, because I went to the dentist Friday. I love getting my teeth cleaned - it feels so nice. But you know what sucks? Even though I am consistently brushing and more recent flossing, I got abut her cavity. Yep, another one. I've had three, I think :/ anyway...I'm gonna get something like a filling (I can't remember what it's called) next week. 

So yeah, that was my week in a nutshell (what does that expression even mean? I mean, things in a nutshell mean they're short? I don't know why I'm even saying this. Lol) We were going to go to a thingy that was like a tour of the film set for some television shows in my town (yay!!! :D) but it's mainly outside and it rained today. We might go tomorrow, but the weather forecast said that it could possibly rain the next few days. Well, we'll see how that will go, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment