Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Last Week of Freedom!


Just kidding...but seriously, school starts back next week (so soon, right?) I want to be optimistic, but I'm really not looking forward to starting school again. And then I'll probably go to college...I don't know, I kinda feel like I wish I could just skip this school year and go to college now or whatever. But I am going to try and enjoy this year :)

I'm glad Switched At Birth was good this week. Thankfully, Daphne didn't ruin it. I'll admit that I'm losing more interest in it again, but I did like this week's episode. That was mostly because Daphne got called out for her BS! (First Sharee mentioned it, and then Bay...oh, the irony.) Even Regina, who was being too lenient with Daphne in my opinion, called her out! But Daphne's still a brat! The way she talked to Regina at the end, claiming that the woman who RAISED her wasn't her mother but the dad who left her at 3 is her father...ugh! First she yelled at Regina when Bay brought Angelo back, and now she's accusing Regina of KILLING her husband??? If I was Daphne, I'd get in a lot of trouble for saying that...smh...

In other news, I watched Mean Girls this week on Netflix! I wouldn't usually watch a high school clique drama, but the reviews for it were good, it's stood out since 2004, and my parents enjoyed it. And I enjoyed it, too! Even though it did seem stereotypical how everyone was divided into cliques so tightly, I think it did a good job painting a picture of how girls can be so mean to each other just because they're jealous or whatever they're feeling, and how they can really hurt other's feelings (because those girls got really mean!) And the message at the end about girls supporting each other rather than being at each other's necks was nice. Oh, and the film was fu-nee! It had me laughing out loud sometimes!

Since I was on a Lindsay Lohan run, I also watched The Parent Trap and enjoyed it as well. Probably not as much as Mean Girls, but it was pretty good. And Lindsay is a really good actress! I mean, she played two different people and I believed her! It's no wonder she's been in so many films. It makes e hate what happened to her, though :/ I think she's just going through a rough time and hopefully she'll come out of it and make it out of it a better person :)

Anyway, enough of movies - let's talk about what's been happening in "real life"! Haha, um...I'm thinking about becoming vegetarian! I have thought about it on and off, but now our family's starting to change our diet and we've got some meatless meals and we're eating more plants than meat. I can't tell a huge difference in our diet, expect for the fact that, if I get full, it feels better if I ate a meatless meal as opposed to a meat-filled one. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but, you know...I don't know...

So I went to the dentist again Friday to get my cavity filled and to get some sealants. I've had like 2 cavity in the past, but they were baby teeth, so they were pulled. This was my first time getting a filing...and sealants.

My mouth felt really WEIRD afterwards :P They numbed the right side since that's where the cavity was (not to mention where all my teeth problems seem to surface :/) and the sealants felt weird when I bit down because it's like having another layer on my teeth. I couldn't really smile (it was lopsided!) because the other side of my mouth was numb😆haha

But guess what? While the dentist was doing my teeth, she noticed ANOTHER cavity! This one was in the back of my mouth and on the right side again! She said something about it being close to the guns so they'd have to use a laser or something. I'm not sure when that will happen...

I'm going to the orthodontist Wednesday because I have a bit of an overbite (I thought I did when I smiled!) Mom said we'd go and see whether or not if it's a big problem, and what we'll do. Who knows? Maybe I'll get braces. I've never  had them before :)

I finished my goal of reading 12 books this summer!!! I think I got ahead of myself, because it only took about two and a quarter of a month or so. Let's see if I can remember them all in order (I think this is right?): 

1. Uglies, Scott Westerfeld 
2. City of Bones, Cassandra Clare 
3. Patience, Princess Catherine, Caroline Meyer
4. Spells, Aprilynne Pike
5. Nzingha, Patricia McKissack 
6. The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
7. Mary, Bloody Mary, Caroline Meyer
8. A Wrinkle In Time, Madeline L'Angle
9. Linger, Maggie Stiefvater
10. Champion, Marie Lu
11. Quicksilver, Stephanie Spinner
12. The Fairytale Detectives, Michael Buckley 

Even though I've been kinda deflated in my writing, I always remember one of the most important writing tips: Any writing is better than none. So I'm finishing up my unfinished draft of Werebeasts! :) I feel like I'm spewing a bunch of mess sometimes, but at least I'm writing something! And hopefully I'll get ideas out of my draft. That's why the first is called a rough draft, right? ;)

That's pretty much it! Like I said, I'll be starting school next week, but I'll still post once a week on here ;) And I need to get my computer checked out, because the m key isn't working! I have to copy an m every time I want to write it. It's frustrating, and it stopped working like, out of nowhere :/ Anyway, I hope to get that fixed sooner rather than later...bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment