Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

I Don't Know What To Call This Blog Post

(I got this from a link via Pinterest)

Haha, is that funny? See what I did there? xD

It's been about a month since I've written inside my diary!!! Well, a little longer than that now, but still about a month. I can't believe that. I think I missed a few (maybe 2?) days of logs, but other than that, I've written in it everyday! Somedays have less entries than others, of course; others are overflowing on the pages! xD

Anyway, I'm really glad I started witting down in my diary. Writing is a way I express myself. And to write down in it everyday shows me who I was, what I was thinking, what I was feeling, and who I am now :D

Speaking of writing...I feel like I've burned out again! Didn't I post how my editing skills were par on last week??? Well, now I feel the opposite - I HAVE NO IDEAS!!!! AAH!!! I know it's normal to have writer's block every now and then, but now I feel like I keep going back and forth between having no writing ideas AT ALL, to being somewhere in the middle, to having TOO MANY IDEAS!!! Why can't I just be in the middle??? A lot of times I am, but lately I haven't been...that really has to change...

There's a contest going on at Movellas based on a book that someone got published in print after previously putting it up on Fictionpress!!! That just makes me excited because 1). the contest has an exciting prompt that helped kick my writing gears back into motion, and 2). the fact that someone got published from posting a story online gives me hope for the same thing! I'm already on Figment, Movellas, Wattpad, and Fictionpress, so that gives me 4 chances, right? And my Bookworm Love story was an editor's choice in the Figment contest I entered it in, and Alice's Wonderland actually WON a silver award on Movellas!!! So at least I have achievements :D Haha...

But I think, in all honestly, I want to get published. I realized that I don't have to start off big with novellas-in-progress (I have a gazillion of them in dire need of editing!!!) - I could publish my short stories first!!! They have flash fiction (really really short stories) in magazines sometimes (I read about it), so maybe I could do that! Flash fiction is easier to write than a novella or even a short story, so I could work on editing it MUCH quicker than a novel! Who knows? Let's see what the future has in store for me!!! :D

I wonder if, deep down, our subconscious knows more than we know. Or, maybe, we know more than we give ourselves credit for. I know, I know, completely random thought, but I couldn't help but think about it.

It still feels strange to say Robin Williams' name, especially in past tense :( I mean, I know it's been a month since he died, but it still feels odd. I can't even mention Aladdin anymore - I mean, it's not the same anymore. Does it make so much since for me to be like this? I didn't even know him.

I guess I just feel like I understood what he was going through - to an extent, of course. I doubt I was as depressed as he was, but depression is depression, and even the mildest forms can make you feel like your life is over. I know I did. But he's not in pain anymore, and that makes me happy. Rest in peace, Genie :')

THE NEW TRAILER FOR MOCKINGJAY CAME OUT MONDAY!!! It wasn't much, but who cares? I'm gonna see it anyway. This one looks darker than the past films, though. But it IS Mockingjay - the book wasn't exactly rainbows and ponies. But I HAVE to see it! I mean, not literally, but they've done SO well with Hunger Games and Catching Fire! I'm still amazed that I was enjoying the books pretty well, but the films? It's like I HAVE to watch them xD

I can't believe how far we've gotten in 2014! Well, I kinda can, especially since I say that EVERY year, but I'm just looking back on its reflection...The beginning of the year was kind of crappy for me, but I'm glad it changed around more than halfway through it :) And good things have happened, too. Like dancing at my new dance studio, meeting two actors from Under The Dome (I'll NEVER forget that day), Days of Future Past (the BEST X-Men film so far!)...overall, it has been a good year.

It would be fun to do a 2014 countdown, wouldn't it? Let's do it, people!


Best of 2014 (so far!)

Movies: Days of Future Past; The Lego Movie;  Guardians of The Galaxy; and The Winter Soldier

Television: Once Upon A Time; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; and Under The Dome (I don't watch a lot of TV, so sorry this list is so short :P)

Music: ARIANA GRANDE!!! (Just kidding, but she should win this year, IMO, for best music); Problem, Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea; Fancy, Iggy, Azalea ft. Charli XCX; Boom Clap, Charli XCX (see what I did there? ;); Am I Wrong, Nico & Vinz; Rude, Magic (I'm currently in love with that song); Can't Remember To Forget You, Shakira ft. Rihanna; Beating Heart, Ellie Goulding; Maps, Maroon 5; Come Get It Bae, Pharrell Williams; Classic, MKTO; Chandelier, Sia (very dark but I admire Sia for speaking out about her struggles); and there are probably more.

Books: ??? (unfortunately, I haven't read many new ones - I go to the library since I'm broke xD)


And that's all I can think of! For now. But stay tuned for more in the very near future! xD

Being honest with myself is one of the best things that I've ever done. I know, another random thought, but my diary had random thoughts sporadically logged down. I can't remember what it's called, but it's something when you just write down whatever's on your mind without stopping to think about what you're writing, exactly. I think that's happened to me before, and it's also been the result of some great stories of mine ^_^

Have you ever felt crazy? I have. Lots of times. I'm sure everyone has at some point and time in their life. And I don't just mean like you're acting weird - I mean like I've lost my mind. I've felt like that a lot...Sometimes I wonder if I've ever been mentally ill or not and that just makes me feel...I have a mixed response. I would be relieved if I knew that the reason I went through some pretty horrible things was because there was something wrong with me, but I don't *actually* want something to be wrong with my brain, you know?

I should probably stop thinking about it and focus on what makes me happier and healthier. Sometimes, I feel like I don't want to. I think I must have been so used to feeling depressed that I don't know what happiness, very sincere happiness, is anymore - I mean, I do know what it is, but I haven't felt in as often as I used to, so I'm afraid of change. But I'm going to get over that. I read some quote that said something about how change doesn't hurt, but resistance to change does. So I've gotta change that (haha, change! Was it weird to have a funny moment then???...)

I did a LOT of work at the library Thursday for the booksale!!! The booksale isn't until next Friday, but, of course, someone's gotta load all of the stuff out! And there were a LOT of books that needed to be unloaded, and there are still a lot left, too! I had to open boxes and put books in boxes and seal the bottom of boxes, and at one point I accidentally cut myself with the box cutter (because I wasn't being careful)...after awhile I got mentally drained xD But they had some snacks there and some water to drink (THANK GOD FOR WATER!!!), and the ladies working with me were friendly. I love helping out with the community.

City of Ashes was REALLY good - like, almost better than City of Bones! I can't remember when I finished it, but it was sometime this week...anyway, like I said, it was really good. Jace is a frustrating  character for me, but not in a bad way - he's likable and annoying at the same time xD I kind of liked Maia, I don't know - she seemed cool, and I could totally see her with Simon ;) I wish Isabelle was in this book more, because I love her - she shows that female characters can be feminine AND strong! They don't all have to be tomboys to be "strong"! (I'm sorry, but "strong-willed females" and that equating to girliness=weak has been bugging me lately...) Anyway, Mortal Instruments is my new favorite book series to get obsessed with, since I finished Harry Potter (boo!!! Write more books, J.K. Rowling!), Divergent, Legend, and all of my other book series.

Now, I'm reading Need, a book I actually read a LONG time ago (I think last year???) but never finished. It's not that it's a bad book - it's pretty good, really - but sometimes I am getting bored with it. Not as much is happening with it as I'd like for it to. But I still enjoy it. I love the main character, Zara, because she's so sarcastic and acts like a regular teen would if she was in the midst of a weird supernatural world that she hadn't realized that she was apart of. A lot of times, the protagonists are the least interesting characters, but that's not the case with Zara. And I like her boyfriend, Nick. Overall, it's a pretty good book.

I can't really think of anything else, so I'll end the post with three random facts about me: I'm obsessed with Pinterest (as you already know), I love notebooks, and love is good. Peace!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment