Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Late September


My mom found this website, Zulily, that sells sweater dresses! I've been blabbing on and on (more like posting) via Pinterest about sweater dresses, and now I finally see some! Not to mention that some of them are on sale! xD Now, I've just gotta find my size...because all the ones I wanted weren't in my size. Either too big or too small. Because, you know, that's just my life! xD lol

Season 2 of Agents of Shield was a decent, good start! But I just keep waiting for it to get better, you know? (if you've seen the show of course - if not, feel free to skip this section xD) I just...like my brother was saying, the series has a good starting point with the storyline and characters, but then I feel like it doesn't go anywhere. The characters don't feel fully fleshed out yet, even though it's been a season now...I mean, if I had gotten to know Fitz's character better, I would have felt even worse for what's happening to him. The same thing with May, who was just too cold in s1 to be likable enough. Coulsion is okay, but he got preachy about SHIELD and now looks to be going into the opposite direction - acting like them (I knew this was gonna happen). Simmons I like, but there wasn't much of her in this episode (there's kinda a spoiler that I won't post on here). Skye is okay (although I do like her new confidence/training on the field), I never got to really know Triplet so he's just there, and Ward...don't even get me started on Ward. He's just so, ugh. I don't think anyone would care if he left the show. He's pretty much been made irredeemable now, though I know they'll probably try to redeem him (but how?) And the storyline was eh, but it was good enough...I mean, it's not my favorite show that I have to watch every night, but it's a good show. I just feel like it had so much potential, but whatever. I guess that's why we're all different writers :D

Lab Rats is probably the best show on air right now (well, second best show that I'm watching - there's still Sherlock ;) It's just SO good! I mean they make fun of some predictable story lines by having characters not act like that or have the story go into a different direction...it's just an unpredictable show! I saw one of the more recent episodes the other day, and it was really good! I really like what they're doing with the show. I love Douglas and how they made him good now. Perry cracks me up. The actors are great. If I stop watching Switched At Birth next year (the shows come on the same night), I'm definitely going to tune in onto Lab Rats :D

In other news, I have rekindled my relationship with Animal Crossing. More than that, actually, I've become a little obsessed with it. You see, with AC it can be really fun and addicting at one moment, but eventually it becomes boring the next. But hey, that's all video games, eh? And I love how realistic AC is. My favorite is still the GameCube version (so glad I still have the backwards-compatible Wii :D), but New Leaf looks pretty good, and I've heard good reviews for it (it was rated even HIGHER than GC, I think!) Wild World is pretty good, too, even though it's not on AC: GC's level. I didn't care for City Folk too much...there wasn't as much to do, and they got rid of being able to talk to neighbors and possibly ask for requests. But I did like some of their upgrades... I know that this is a LOT to ask for, and I don't expect it to happen, but I would just love an AC game that combined the highlights of all the AC games! xD But if not that, just have the original AC game with being able to save anywhere you want to from WW (that was such a life-saver!)

So I finished Need this week! It was pretty good. It's an interesting story, Zara is a cool (and sarcastic/funny) character, but...the story lacks suspense. I think someone on Goodreads hit the nail on the head with that one. The pixies just weren't as threatening to me as I had hoped them to be. If a villain's not really fleshed out (morally ambitious/not purely evil) or a mastermind, I like the genuinely creepy and threatening type (of course there are other types, but that just seemed to be the vibe that I got from these pixies). That's how Vader and Voldemort are. The book itself went kinda fast, too...there weren't as many descriptions as I've read in other books, and, while I don' like overlong descriptions, I felt like more were needed. But it was a good book overall. I guess that I was just so blown away with City of Ashes that I was hoping to like Need just as much. But they're just different books, which is fine, of course. I now realize that romantic fantasy isn't a favorite genre of mine.

Speaking of City of Ashes, The Mortal Instruments is my new favorite book series :D I mean, of course Harry Potter is still my favorite book series, but MI is just really awesome! I love Cassandra Clare's writing style, the fantasy world she's created, the characters are pretty awesome, and it's just overall around awesome. It's almost like Harry Potter with a teenage female in the lead instead ;) I can't wait to read City of Glass - I read a sample of it but put it on hold at the library.

I was also thinking about reading The Darkest Power Series. I like the fantasy element in it, and the protagonist, Chloe, seemed pretty likable, from the sample I read of the book. So I might put The Summoning back on hold (I had taken it off because I thought I'd be getting it at the same time I'd get City of Ashes, but it hasn't come yet :/)

In the writing realm, I think I've solved my problem! Lately, I've been lacking motivation. But it's not just in writing, it's in everything in life :/ I've actually felt this way for a few years, but I thought it would just go away...I probably should tell someone, especially since it's a symptom of depression and I don't want to go through that again.

It just feels so hard to get motivated about things as much as I did before. It's like I have to force myself to get motivated, and I know that doesn't make any sense. I mean, I should just naturally be motivated by things. Sometimes I just feel like I could go on the screens all-day with nothing to do, but then I'll get bored with that and feel like I'm not doing anything in my life but I don't feel like I have the enthusiasm to start doing something productive.

And sometimes I don't feel this way, but the opposite: sometimes I feel like I have too many things to do, and I feel like I don't have enough time to do it all! Whenever I have those "I don't feel like doing anything" days (which are becoming too common), I always think, "Why don't I just think of all the things that I wanted to do but felt like I didn't have enough time to do before now?" (confusing sentence, sorry). But then I don't feel like doing that, either! I'm just out of it lately, and the more I believe I'm out of it, the more I will be. I just don't feel like I can get out, almost like, "What's the point?" I mean, I'm trying to, but it's hard...

Anyway, getting back to my writing...whenever I solve that problem in my life, I hope I can conquer it again. I've got pins full of writing prompts that should motivate me. Plus, I have some writing books and bought a new one, as well as a biography on J.K. Rowling, that should help be motivators for me.

That takes me to the booksale, ladies and gentlemen! We went there Friday, and let me tell you - I ONLY BOUGHT 3!!! That's right, 3! Remember last year when I said I had bought too many? And in the past years I had  bough WAY too many. But now I didn't It wasn't that there weren't a lot of books there - believe me, there were - but I realize that the all great and powerful library has many books I can rent from there that I don't actually want to shelf on my own bookshelf. Like my mom said, I'm more likely to reread nonfiction than fiction, so I only got a few fiction books. But they look good! Besides the one about writing and J.K. Rowling (THE BEST AUTHOR OF ALL TIME!!! XD), I got one about money.

The last book took me to an idea that came to me awhile ago - I realized that a lot of us are scared of money - why else don't we talk about it a lot or even teach it in school? But I'm trying not to be scared of it anymore. And I am interested in it - I mean, money is important xD But I want to do it in a way that doesn't make me scared of poverty or doing things the "right" way, if that makes any sense (I'm not sure that there is a "right" way to make money; if there was, everyone would be doing it xD), and this book isn't. The author is really good, so that's part of the reason for it. And I learned that nothing in life is impossible (unless the laws of physics tell us otherwise, of course xD) -it can be challenging (I don't want to say difficult), but not impossible. That includes everything in life, including money :)

I watched Under The Dome's season finale today! It was interesting, to say the least. In a good way, but...it does get weird at times. Like Lost. But it was very engaging. Jim's basically gone crazy (sorry if those names mean nothing to you :P), and the Dome does crazy stuff. So, yeah, just regular old stuff xD Ooh, and one of my friends from dance was an extra! I saw her :D

I'm sorry I got this post done so late! I honestly didn't feel like writing it today, copying everything down from my diary up here. But I did it, didn't I? Cause I'm awesome xD LOL! But seriously...I think I might write a little on my draft of following blog posts from my diaries everyday so it won't grow to be too much. I just get so lazy sometimes, y'all xD

Before I go, I want to throw out some random facts: Once Upon A Time returns for its fourth season tomorrow (YES!), I wrote a review for Agents of Shield's season 2 premiere on this blog (which I'll probably do for OUAT, too), and candy is awesome. Goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment