Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pinterest, Purging, & Procrastination

Sometimes, I feel like I have so many hobbies that I don't know what to do with myself! Pinterest reintroduced me to my love for fashion (Pinterest is beaming WAY too addicting...not to mention a great place to procrastinate! I mean, there're so many GREAT things to find on there!) I can't say that it's my dream job, whatever that is, anyway (I still don't know), but I REALLY enjoy putting pieces of clothing together that complement each other. And I've discovered that I have an obsession with sweater dresses (they're GORGEOUS!). And sweaters. And scarfs. And boots. And winter clothing, really, which is the only thing I really like about winter :P

But seriously...I want to find a way to combine my hobbies together. I know that my fashion is basically incorporated into my upcycling/sewing/duct-tape (jewelry, at least). I think I could use photography for my covers for my stories; the same thing goes for my art, and acting could be used to act out my characters to help get inside their heads. And dance and music just go together like macaroni and cheese. I'm figuring it out ^_^

Speaking of addicting...I've been a little (more like a lot) obsessed with the Mario sports games. We recently bought them again (the old disks were scratched, of course :P) and, well...You see, I happen to get VERY serious about Mario sports, sorta like how people get about sports with, you know, REAL people (then again, I have a thing for obsessing with the fictional...)Like, in Mario Kart Wii (which is INCREDIBLY addicting!) I had to physically calm myself down before playing it after a long time of not having it. But it was even WORSE with Mario Superstar Baseball! I was physically shaking from excitement and had to calm myself down! I'm better now, but still...And my mom gets on me about it...lol...

I'm getting writer's block (again) on my Rising Heroism screenplay *sighs* So I went to edit some of my old works (like the ones I published on Figment - they need some serious editing! Lol). I'm gonna try to get all of my already-written stories up to at least 10 drafts - I think that's pretty far in editing. Of course, I may need more than that - An Unexpected Trip, a short story that I wrote back in 2011, has had 10 drafts so far. Although I still feel like I could edit it (but when will I look at it and say, "Everything's perfect"?), I think it's far enough in its edit that it doesn't need immediate editing at this moment.

I really wish I could focus on one story at once, but I keep getting writer's block or just get bored with the story :/ But that's okay! Part of being a writer is learning what you like, how to pass the deadline, etc. I'm still figuring that out, but each time I'm getting closer and closer to where I want to be :)

But I did find something rather quickly, something that I thought happened in the past - whenever I read a really good book, my writing and editing skills are SO much better! I was wondering why I had suddenly gotten such a wild hair and was like, "I can edit! All right, let's do this!" and look on Pinterest on other writing advice and am like, "Bring it all to me!" I just feel like I can do almost anything now with my editing. It may take a long time, but taking my time with my writing makes it so much better :)

And if you're wondering about what the book that is so good that I'm reading - it's City of Ashes :) The Mortal Instruments series is SO good! It's similar to other fantasies that I've read, but it's SO well-written. I'm amazed at Cassandra Clare's great writing style (and her editor!) I have tried copy down way too many paragraphs from her story to see how she described a person or emotion or explained a scene, because it's SO well done

Lately, I've been thinking about vocal ranges. I heard that a 4-octave rang is rare and VERY good, which is why I wasn't surprised to see that both Christina Aguilera and Ariana Grande had one ;) And I saw some others, too. A 3-octave range is pretty good, too, though. Like, I think that's what Beyonce and Bruno Mars have (and they're both VERY good singers, in my opinion). It's stupid how good Christina Aguilera sounds live - it puts you to shame xD And I found some people with 6 octave ranges, or higher than four! There are some really talented people out there - but the trick is also working on your talent :)

Under The Dome was pretty good (and surreal!) this week! I don't remember everything, but, according to my diary...Jim was annoying (no surprise there), and it looks like Junior and Pauline are finally done putting up with him...for now, at least. Those Rennie/Remmies (how do you spell their last name?) need some family consoling or something. Just, geez...Joe started becoming suspicious of Hunter (even though I really like him) because he was asking so many questions about the dome, and he and Norrie discovered that he was interacting with the people outside the dome since he's working with Barbie's dad! But Hunter reassured them that he was trying to tell them not to take the egg, I think, because he saw what it was doing. He also said that he hated working for the people he was working with (don't know who they are), and I think and really hope he's telling the truth, because Hunter seems really cool...And Lyle showed up in the water, and Jim decided to be nice and get him out...Later on, Melanie sorta came out of her comatose, but then the dome started shrinking and she said, "It's happening" or something like that.

I did a LOT of cleaning Wednesday! We usually have cleaning people coming over every month or so, I believe, but Momma wanted to see if we could do it ourselves and use the money we'd usually use to pay them to buy all the new games we're getting (Animal Crossing should be next on the list!!!) So we did some of upstairs and actually haven't gotten to the rest because it's been taking up so much time (we are a family of ten, after all), but I enjoyed purging. Hehe, I get that from my mom :)

A Facebook post reminded me of 9/11 Thursday...I really don't know what to say about that day. I'm upset at what happened, but I don't remember anything. It's not like things that happened in the news that I saw the day it happened or a few days afterwards. I feel more for when things happened like with the shooting of Travon, the shooting at Sandy Hook, the shooting in the theater in Colorado, the Nigerian girls being kidnapped, James Avery's death and Robin Williams' suicide, and I know something else has happened this year, but I haven't looked at it.

Actually, I don't watch the news anymore, because it leaves me so depressed. I know bad things are happening, but all the news does is tell you what happens but they don't offer a solution to the problem. I don't want to do that to myself. If there is a problem, I want to try to solve it - otherwise, what's the point of hearing about it? Just to be afraid? Believe me, I've been there, worrying about everything every minute, and I don't want to go back. Besides, there are good things in the world. Why doesn't the news focus on that?

Sorry for that depressing bit of the blog post, but it was just something I wanted to get off of my chest. I promise the rest of the post will be happier. That reminds me of a friend of mine posting something similar to that...She's going through something right now that's affecting one of her good friends, so I'm keeping her in my prayers. I love my friend to death and wish the best for her. She seems to be handling things pretty well, which has me relieved<3

My dad bought a BUNCH of DVDs yesterday! I was thinking about watching a movie every Friday night, anyway, so I guess this helped! He got Winter Soldier (which we saw in theaters), Amazing Spider-Man 2 (I'm the only one who saw it because it was illegally leaked on Youtube xD I think I mentioned that in a post some months ago....) Cars 2 (which I still haven't seen), and Toy Story 3 (which I think everyone but the adults saw). They watched WS, and I came down to watch it for a bit, but I also wanted to play Mario Superstar Baseball/Mario Kart Wii and read City of Bones so I didn't see all of it.

Oh, and everything was in 3D - rant coming up here. My dad said he wanted to see it in 3D, but I guess I just have a problem with 3D because the movie I saw in 3D was very disappointing (it was Sharkboy And Lavagirl). Yeah I know that was back in like, 2003 or so, but I really didn't like that movie, so it stuck in my head...But in all honesty, I'm personally not that impressed with 3D. It's kinda cool how it looks real, but it's, I don't know, hard to focus on my eyes? I got a bit of a headache when I saw Avengers in 3D back in 2012 (which could have been because I read an article on it, so...)I just prefer to watch the movie in its regular formatting. But 3D has its uses. I just am glad it's not being as overused as it was back in 2010 - they kept releasing all of these older movies in 3D then.

Well, that's pretty much it. All of my blogposts will probably be about Pinterest (procrastination center 101), writing, reading, a deep, psychological thought, something funny, this section where I end my blogpost...come to think of it, why do you guys come back every week to read it? My life pretty much stays the same. In fact, everyone's life pretty much does that. We humans are so boring xD Lol, bye!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I understand where you're coming from about the hobbies xD Also, Polyvore is an epical site for fashion :3

    I'm the same way. After I read the Matched series, and The Hobbit and other such books, my writing improved a lot :)

    I know this comment's a bit late, but what's been your favorite episode of Under the Dome? :) I like the last episode of season 1.

    Oh my gosh... Shark Boy and Lavagirl? That brings back memories O.O And I'm not a huge fan of 3D, it hurts my eyes -_-

    I read it, even if I don't comment, and I read it because you are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out!

      I guess when they say good writers are readers it's true :)

      I don't know...season 1 had some really good episodes. Season 2 did, too, but I think I preferred the episodes from the first season.

      So I'm not the only one who didn't like that movie :P haha. Exactly! I'm not that into 3D but it also strained my eyes whenever I went to watch Avengers.

      Thanks for commenting on my blogpost. I rarely get comments, so this was really nice :D

      Delete