Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Last Day!

This is the last day of the spring break! It feels like it went by kind of fast but at the same time slow, if that makes any sense at all xD I didn't do a whole lot. I had more time for my hobbies, of course, so I did that.

I've been reading a book my Mom got me from the library on helping writers, well, write. And something written in one of the chapters struck me. The author was saying that someone who felt like they had too little ideas, or writer's block (I think) may have actually had so many ideas that they didn't know what to write down.

I wonder if that's happening with me. For months I've felt blocked, yet sometimes these ideas have popped up every now and then. I did think I was running out of ideas, and maybe I am, but at the same time I remember kind of bouncing from one story idea to the next, never writing anything down.

I also think I've been avoiding writing this fanfiction because it's so close to home with me, probably one of the most personal things I've ever written, and it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. It's because the main character has gone through similar mental anguish as I have, so I can really relate. And though I've tried to be open about my mental health issues, it's still not 100% comfortable talking about it, you know? I don't know if it ever will be. I've seen videos of people talking about their mental illnesses and a common comment was that they felt uncomfortable saying something so personal, which I know would make anyone feel vulnerable.

But maybe that's why I feel like I have to write the story. It's helping me, in a way, I believe. When I was really depressed last year it felt therapeutic writing the story. I was having a character help another get through their issues and I guess that was like a cry for help for me when I desperately wanted to speak to someone but didn't know what to say. It actually amazes me how close to home this story is. But I can tell that it will make it all the more authentic.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out because I honestly didn't do much this week (save for staying in the house - does anyone even say "save for" anyone or is that archaic? xD) But yeah, that's what I've been up to lately. Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was under a lot of mental stress but I'm starting to relax now :) I'm really glad I'm starting to get better and actually enjoy things, because that's the main thing depression has taken away from me and I'm finally starting to get my life back together :) Have a great day and the rest of the week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment