Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Summertime Logs

Okay, so I've been wanting to log down what's been happening this week again, so here goes!

What have I done interesting this summer...oh, I went to watch "Man of Steel" this Saturday with my family. It was a really good movie-I wouldn't say it was the best one ever, but I enjoyed it.The guy who played Superman was really good, not to mention he was a good-looking man ;) Haha. I liked the villian, Zod, because his character was interesting. And I really liked Lois-she wasn't a damsel-in-distress and actually helped Superman in this film! His parents were cool, too. Overall it was a very good movie.

Speaking of movies, I want to watch "Monsters University" when I get the chance. Manny and I are thinking about seeing it with a friend since not everyone in the family has seen it. It looks REALLY good-even better than "Monsters Inc"!

Other than movies, I have done a few other things this summer. I went to volunteer at the library again, did a little sewing, read some book on teens wanting to start their own business-it's really good, by the way...

I'm also making myself read "The Deathly Hallows"-I have a goal to finish it by the end of the summer. It's a bit of a struggle for me-it's just so long, but I have to finish it. I want to have said that I read the entire Harry Potter series :D

Ooh, I got to go to the craft store Thursday! :D It was so. Much. Fun. Seriously, you'd have to drag me out of there. I could live there. There and the library, I guess. Hehe, but seriously, they have SO much stuff for a creative freak like me! XD They even had this book on projects you can make with duck tape! One of my friend's mother actually makes ribbons out of duck tape!!! Basically I love the craft store and will have MANY future projects from now on :D. 

That reminds me of another creative pursuit of mine-sewing! I have gotten back into it after sort of dropping it a few years ago. I realize now that I don't like sewing long projects from sratch-I LOVE sewing from scraps! Give me old jeans-I'll make them into pocket purses! Old T-shirts would be cool to make a quilt! I have been searching on the web for several ideas on some sewing projects and I just...I REALLY want to get some old clothing from the thrift store or something. I may even be able to sell my stuff-now THAT would be cool.

Another creative thing I'm doing is writing! I'm starting to make myself write even if I don't feel like it-I read a book once that said writing constantly is the best way to become a good, committed writer. If I get stuck on any stories I have, I'll just go over to fanfictions or blog posts (like these). Just anything to keep me going.

This is more artsy than creative (which are actually similar, now that I think about it), but I've become addicted to dance-there are times I'll be watching dance videos on YouTube nonstop. I try to learn different dance routines that I've watched online. I might not be registered to any dance studio, but I will never stop dancing! XD

Wow, tha turned out to be more than I had planned! I love it when that happens! Haha, anyway, that's basically my week in a nutshell (that is how you use the term, right?) I wanted this post to be longer but-considering the length I got out of what I assumed would be a short post-it's not too shabby. Hopefully next week will be longer, but I make no promises-I'm very lazy in the summer. 

;) Hehe, well, goodbye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment