Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Plans For Next Year

As you can tell from the title, this is going to be about my plans for next year. I know it's a long time from now, and plans change overtime-but I'd like to at least jot it done :).

First, I want to join a homeschool group :). For those who don't homeschool, a homeschool group is basically a support group for homeschoolers. A lot of them do fun stuff like planning activities. Technically I'm already apart of one, but it's just a group that emails you things that's going on in the community. I mean it is nice, but I wish there were get-togethers-they used to have them, but not now...
The group I'm looking at also has homeschool coops and homeschool prom! :D Oh, and for those who don't know, a homeschool coop is when homeschool parents get together (I think it's usually once a week-that's how the group I'm looking at is) and they teach subjects to homeschoolers. It's like a once-a-week school a few hours a day :D. Momma is kinda busy, though, with schoolwork and helping Daddy with his business, so she might not be able to do a coop...although I hope I can do it in the summer since I won't have anymore schoolwork. It'll be a win-win situation kinda :)

Second (although it's just as important to me) I'm going to dance-obviously ;). I LOVE dancing! :D But I have to find a new studio now, since I've had some problems with my old one. So I'll probably spend the fall trying a class at different dance studios-there are 10+ dance studios in my city, but I've only found a few (around four or five) I'm interested in! :P I guess I'm kind of picky-some studios are rather strict, and I don't want that. But I'm sure I'll find one by the next semester, even if it means going to more than one studio. That's what one of my friends did. I think I'll take tap with this one lady, though-my dad knows her, and she doesn't own a studio but she LOVES tapping and she actually (I think?) teaches tap at some place as a side thing. It's really cool-she taps in a band my dad's in :D. I would LOVE to do that, I think :D. I am a bit of a tap addict-oh, who am I kidding, I LOVE tap dancing! It's so freaking fun! Whenever I watch tap dancing videos I always try to figure out what the people are doing and if I can do it :).

Another thing I want to do is dual enrollment! :D When my brother started community college this year, and it sounds REALLY fun. I REALLY want to go to college-but I hope it's not just because it sounds fun! But honestly, I don't want one of those jobs like at McDonalds where you flip burgers-that's not me :P. As I might have mentioned, I am committed to writing, and I think it's possible that it will become a future career of mine. I also think it's awesome how you get to choose your own curriculum. I like having freedom ;). And it almost seems like a good idea to get a college degree under your belt, since so many jobs require it (at least I think they do...) I mean I don't wanna sound like you HAVE to go to college-Steve Jobs dropped out of college, and looked how well he did!-but I honestly WANT to go there. So it's kind of a personal thing. I might not be able to go, though, by the looks of it-oh well, there are always other ways I can do things to look good on a college application :)

Well I can't think of much else, so I guess that's it. Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment