Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Crafts, Writing, Reading, And Stuff


Okay, I know the title's bad, but I was going for something that matched what the post was going to be about. But whatever, let's get onto the post...
Nothing very interesting has been happening lately. I am ALMOST done with the Deathly Hallows (WAHOO!!!) and let me just say how GRIPPING it is. I loved how adventurous it was at the beginning, but now things are getting intense as we close near the end! I'm so hyped for the ultimate battle between Harry and Voldemort...
But you might not want to hear about that if you're not a Potterhead (what's wrong with you? Lol jk) or haven't gotten that far. So, let's get to some other things I've been doing this summer, shall we?
I don't know if I mentioned this in an older post or not (I think I did), but I had been wanting to go to the craft store and finally got to a few weeks ago...I seriously love the craft store. I am very creative, and just to see all the project ideas (revamping t-shirts, bedazzling) made me feel like I was in heaven.
But the thing that really made me feel like I was in heaven was the duck tape. Originally I thought duck tape was just for sticking stuff back together, but no...that stuff is so freaking strong that you can make CRAFTS out of them! Seriously, you can make hair bows, bags, flip-flops, and (the one that I've been making) wallets! 
Yes, I have make friggin' wallets out of duck tape! Can you believe it? I didn't when I first was making it, but then it was like-it was right in front of me! It's a hard feeling to describe, but...wow, it was AMAZING. 
You really do need to see it to believe it, though, so here are some pics:


The photos aren’t the greatest, but I hope that you can still make them out. Can you believe it’s made out of ducktape? I could hardly believe it the first time I made it!
It’s SUPER easy to make. I googled how to make it and I found this easy tutorial video on YouTube.
In other news, I have been getting my butt back to writing again . Haha. You really just have to force yourself to sit down and write, even if you don’t want to. In the end it pays off, too, because I cannot stop smiling proudly at my 30,000+ worded story I wrote for the first book in my “Hyper-Monkey” series.
By the way, if anyone out there is a bookworm like me, I would very much appreciate it if you checked out my page on Figment! I've only posted one story so far-actually, it's a poem-but I plan to post more in the future. Anyway, you're welcome to check out my profile or whatever-I want to get some feedback on my work :)

Well, that's it (unfortunately; I wanted to right more). Until next time, readers!

Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment