Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Marathons And Stuff


Hiya! I'm super excited to write this post because I've actually done some interesting things this week! Not that I wasn't happy the other days of the week (I was) it just didn't make for good blog posts, you know?

I FINALLY FINISHED THE DEATHLY HALLOWS!!! I am SO happy that I finished all 7 Harry Potter books! It was so long but I went through it-and let me tell you, I don't regret it one bit. The last bit of the novel was so GRIPPING and I literally had to pull myself away from it. The ending was kind of epic and satisfying enough for any Potterhead :). I love you, J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter is the best book series I have ever read. EVER.

Well, now that I'm done with HP what am I going to do with my life XD? Hehe, I was thinking about reading "Lord Of The Rings" because I heard people loved it-not to mention it looks cool. I can just see myself getting obsessed with it-I tend to get obsessed with stories that have their own worlds ("Star Wars", "Harry Potter"). It's just that I love being transported to another universe :). So don't be surprised if I start saying, "You have elected the way of pain!" or "One does not simply go into Mordor" ;)

Besides reading, I had loads of fun with ABC Family's programming. I love ABC Family; seriously, they showed both "National Treasure" movies on Saturday :). I was so happy; me and my siblings made some popcorn and sat down watching it. While not my favorite films, they were very enjoyable and fun-I love those kind of adventure films :). Jerry Bruckheimer's films seem to be like that (ala "Pirates Of The Caribbean").

Could ABC Family have made me any happier when they showed ALL four "Pirates of The Caribbean" movies on Sunday? I don't think so :). Seriously, I had only caught the first one and loved it so much that I wanted to watch the others. "Dead Man's Chest" wasn't as good (it was weird and kind of confusing on some parts) and I didn't watch"At World's End" or "On Stranger Tides", but it was still entertaining enough. And hey, Jack Sparrow's in it-gotta love him :)

I can actually love ABC Family more, because they also made "Switched At Birth" one of my favorite television shows. I'm looking forward to the "What If" episode, but I hate how they left off on a cliffhanger from the last episode! (This next episode is an alternate universe). Seriously, I love "What Ifs" but a guy PASSED OUT on the last episode of SAB!!! I have to know what happens to him!!! WHY, ABC FAMILY, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME????????????????????

(Okay, okay, I'm done. I just needed to get that out.)

In other news, I have been writing my stories as usual. But I have writer's block again, or I really don't want to get past the boring stuff in one of my stories (that happens too often :P). But I really need to make myself write, because how else to I expect myself to improve? Maybe I'll read some goods books; they usually inspire me to write :).

Speaking of writing, my good friend Sarah Demens is putting me in one of her stories (I think it's called "Virtus"?) I'm seriously honored that someone is putting me in their story-seriosuly, I feel like a celebrity :). And the main reason I'm posting this is because Sarah was asking her bloggers for a little advertisement, which I'd be happy to give. So go check out her blog :D

I watched the "What If" episode of "Switched At Birth" on Monday-it was pretty interesting. Of course, part of the reason could be because of my ranting on and on on how I wanted to see what happened to the character who passed out instead and didn't want to watch the What If episode now. But of course my love for What Ifs took over :)

On Monday, Mom made us take the evil C.A.T. test!!! (Obviously it wasn't evil, but I didn't want to take it...) Let me explain: Ever year homeschoolers in North Carolina have to take the California Achievement Test (I think that's what C.A.T. stands for) and then they compare our results to other people who have taken it...to be honest, I don't know why we have to take it-we don't even get to know what answers we got right or wrong-but I guess it's so that it's proven we're learning...

Tuesday and Wednesday weren't TOO bad...to be honest, the C.A.T. test wasn't horrible (it never really is). In fact, I actually understood most of the stuff they were asking. Honestly, I just don't like taking the test :P

But other than the C.A.T. test, not much has been happening. I've been doing more projects with duct tape (*cough* *cough* obsessed *cough* *cough*). I've made cute little hair bows out of duck tape (LOVE them!), plus I have decorated old jars with duct tape!

Here are some pictures:

It's covered in 100% duct tape!!!
I keep my hair bows in here :)


You like? I also have some pictures of more duct tape wallets I made, too:

I could fit my library card in the pockets :)

Took another pic in case the other wasn't good

Me holding the wallet

My cards in the wallet

I have an unhealthy obsession with duct tape; I spent at least 30 minutes pinning duct tape projects on Pinterest. My mom used to buy that stuff to fix things, so now whenever I see a roll I think, "Ooh, duck tape wallet! Duct tape hair bows! Duct tape decorations!" 

I don't want to bombarder you with my crafts, so I think I'm gonna make a blog to put all my creations on-my duct tape crafts (obviously), sewing projects drawings...I am a creative freak, so it will be filled with TONS of crafts. The next thing I want to is nail art (and decorating a phone case with nail polish), and I am SO excited! EEEK!!!

Well it's Friday now and not much has happened. I had planned to see "Monsters University" today, but it didn't really work out-plus, it started to rain like MAD outside...I think Zeus is angry ;). Hehe, see you guys later!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment