Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Other Things


Hi, guys! I haven't been feeling 100% this week (I got a cold--yuck :P) but thankfully I'm well enough to blog! I hate being sick, though :P. See, this is why I don't like winter. People tend to get sick more during this awfully cold season! Summer is soooo much better!!!! But whatever about my season love-hate…What was I gonna talk about today? Oh, yeah. Stuff going on in my life.


Once Upon A Time is getting better again! We finally get to see what the characters in Storybrooke are doing! It was starting not to feel like an ensemble cast. They're still spending too much time in Neverland and trying to force the Hook, Emma, Neal love triangle, Neal and Emma have no chemistry, but the story lines are getting more interesting! Ariel is awesome, and Peter Pan annoys me and intrigues me at the same time ;)


I just LOVE misheard lyrics--they're so funny! They're even better than the actual lyrics, in the way! So I spent Tuesday looking them up and composing a list of misheard lyrics from my song library and putting them in iMovie :)


Ugh my writer's block is SO bad right now :P Once again I think it's because I haven't been reading a lot as of late. I mean I have a book on how to write, but what I also need is some fiction books to red. Problem is, I can't find a good book! I REALLY want to read Prodigy, the sequel to the Legend Trilogy, but I don't have any money and my library currently doesn't have it, I was disappointed in Allegiant, and so far I haven't seen anything really interesting in my own home library. But I'm probably going to finish one of the Young Royals novels, the one about Anne Boleyn (did I mentioned that I was obsessed with the Tudors and King Henry VIII's wives?)--at least that book was sort of interesting. And then there's Stuart Little--I loved Charlotte's Web so I'm hoping I'll like that one, too.




Speaking of the book on how to write (titled "So You Wanna Be A Writer?"), I really like that book. It's heard towards teen writers like me and has some great advice! I don't have money, as I mentioned above, but I would love to buy it. As of now I have already rented it twice from the library, just to show my love for it :) But I REALLY NEED THAT BOOK!!! IT'S THE KEY TO WRITING A GOOD STORY!!!!


Pixlr is an awesome photo editing program! I used it to make all of these "fan arts" for my characters.
You like? :) These are for my characters in Werebeasts. I always find that visualizing what my characters look like (by say, getting photos of people who look like them or drawing a picture of them) help me and the reader get a better idea on how they look :D


Speaking of Werebeasts, I've been so excited about this project. I've been working on it for about two years (no joke) and it's gone through several changes, but I just love the idea so much that I HAVE to run with it. Werewolves, weretigers, and all of those other 'were" creatures as mutants? I don't wanna brag, but isn't that pretty unique? :) Hopefully it'll make it for the not-so original parts of the story (*cough cough* Teen Wolf rip off *cough cough*)


Okay, so remember when I got all excited about that library event for The Hunger Games film? Turns out that they're only showing the FIRST Hunger Games film, not the second :( I really shouldn't be disappointed, though; as my mom pointed out, it's highly unlikely that a library would get early access to a film that won't come out for another week or so. Oh well. At least they had some games and showed a movie that I liked for free!


So I went to THG event at the library Friday, but hardly anyone was there! :O They came later, but I think they weren't there earlier because of the time (it was at 3pm). Also, I had to leave after 3-ish (or chose to, after my volunteering hours were over), so I didn't get to stay :( But what I saw was cool. They had this lady showing us some weapons they may have used in THG and showed us how an air rifle worked. It was pretty cool. I wished I had stayed to see the longbow, Katniss' signature weapon, but what I saw was cool :)


Well, that's it for this week (why do I always end my post off like this?) BYEEEEE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment