Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's January!


Hi, y'all! So we're now done with the first week of JanuaryI still can't believe it's 2014 already. And it's the eleventh. Seriously, time, why are you always in such a hurry? Can't you slow down and smell the pretty flowers? Anyway...

My Little Pony's episode last week was still…eh. The episode with Rarity learning to not take advantage of her friends was done before, except it was the other way around. I did like some parts of it, though. I guess I just feel obligated to finish it. I mean it's not like I don't like the show, it's justwhen I look at clips from previous seasons, it makes me 

I went back to school this week…goodbye, freedmen! Lol, but seriously, it wasn't horrible. At least my college screenwriting class is interesting, as I have mentioned, and science is interesting…when it deals with the human body and doesn't go in-depth like I'm trying to become a scientist, ya know. History's fine, probably the most interesting subject (after screenwriting, which goes under the English category) and math is as useless as ever (not really, but it's still…just, don't expect me to get a degree in mathematics in the future :P)

Dance class Monday was nice. I still wish I could take the tap class, but they don't have enough people :( Plus, I like my teacher and classmates in my other class, and the dancing we do is always cool, so everything's fine with that :)

Agents of Shield is still eh, but I watched it when it came back on Tuesday. At least we found out what happened to Coulsion…sort of. We still don't know everything. I won't put up any spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that. Yeah. You know, I really wanted to like this show, but I just can't get into it that much. If


Meemaw came over Wednesday and we chatted :) I know I've said this before, but I just love it when my grandma visits. She's awesome, seriously. She usually comes by once a week to talk with her grandchildren. It's really nice :)

I started reading  Ramona The Brave a few days ago. I don't know what it is about the Ramona books, but I just loved the ones I read (Beezus and Ramona, Ramona The Pest, Ramona and her Mother, and, now, Ramona the Brave). They are written in such a way that they engage both adults and children. I read Beezus and Ramona when I was 13 and really enjoyed it.

I got The Elite from the library Friday, the sequel to The Selection. I know that I didn't love that book, but…I don't know what it was about it, maybe the writing style, but it just pulls me in. I love how it's set during the monarchy times and even deals with a little political stuff. If the author added in more descriptions about the history of the society, then I'd like it even better. But at least it's still entertaining.

Sometimes (too many times) I get distracted at the library with the books when I'm supposed to be working. I know I'm a volunteer and didn't have to be there, but I don't want to be lazy :P Not that anyone gets mad at me for doing it, but still! I must curb my inner bookworm-ness! XD

I really cannot get away from my Star Was obsession, can I? Not only did Disney have the nerve to announce three new films in the future, but there's also some EU books at the library and ones I looked up on Wookipedia (an online Star Wars encyclopedia) that I want to read, plus I think I want to watch the Clone Wars, the new Rebels series is coming out, I got some novelizations from the book sale last year, my siblings have the Angry Birds themed game for it, and we have Lego games. Oh yeah, and I had a fanfiction I wanted to write for the fandom. Gah! Do the writers know how aggravating this is? I had been trying to go to rehab for You-Know-What for n long, but now it's no use. It's everywhere.  And I've been obsessed with this freakin' thing since 2005, which was nine years ago. I just won't get a cure, will I? Not that I have a problem with that ;)

I heard that WB had announced spinoff films of an EU sort for Harry Potter, which I hope is true is not a rumor. If not, then I'm making my own EU for it in fanfiction form. Part of the reason my SW obsession is so high is because of the EU--while it is contradicting at times (they have multiple authors), it does more with the universe so that I can obsess over new things. So that's what I'll probably end up doing. It'll be similar to my Biggest-Obsession-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named with some prequels featuring Harry's parents and their peers. I'll also want to expand on other things that were mentioned in the books but never happened on page (such as Dumbledore's hunt for the Horcruxes), and maybe some AUs (such as the prevention of Sirius' death, or him being Harry's caregiver, or James and Lily surviving). Oh, this'll be fun :)

So that pretty much sums up the random stuff that goes on in my life. My Little Pony's coming on today, and I'll pretty much be hanging out for the rest of the day writing/reading and loving my Saturday, as always :) Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment