Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!


I can't believe it's already 2014! Gosh, where did 2013 go? So much happened last year, and it's so hard to believe that's it's already over. Of course, I always say this during the first week or so of the new year, but it's just…365 days seems like quite a lot of time, doesn't it? It's amazing that that time is already over.

But anyway, enough of reminiscing…I hope everyone had a great new year. My blog is about one year old now, since I got it in January, and I'm so excited! Blogging has been quite the experience and has brought me joy. I love writing down all the little things that happen in my life and then looking back at them. I'm sure I would have liked having a diary if I had known it would be this fun.

And now that we've got that out of the way, let's log down what's been happening this week! Some of it is from last year, since the new year officially started on Wednesday and I'm logging down my week starting from last Saturday, but really, we're the ones who make up this time as "years" and "days" and "months" and "weeks". It never feels any different when it's a new year. So yeah…anyway...

Stan Lee's birthday was last Saturday! He's 91 now. I don't want to sound morbid, but I didn't know he'd live this long. Not that I'm complaining, though: that man has brought me some awesome superheroes, from Spider-Man to X-Men to Thor to so many others. Keep making cameos, dude! Stan's the man :)

My Little Pony's episode last week was kind of eh. Fluttershy was always shy, of course, but now they seem to be downgrading her assertiveness even though she was improving on it in season 2. And I don't understand how she was afraid to use the stare if she used it on Angel. But oh well…at least it's still mildly entertaining. I guess I feel kind of obligated to finish it because I've been a pegasister for awhile now. I still love the ponies and the first two seasons of the show :)

I finished Mary Poppins this week. Odd story but fun also. I also finished a Liberty's Kid novelization we had in our library. It was pretty good and made me want to watch the television series again. I also read some of The Maze Runner, which was okay. Most of the characters annoy me, and as far as dystopians go, the setup feels farfetched to me, but the mystery intrigues me. Besides, I need to get back to some reading to spice up my creative juices.

Meemaw came over Thursday :) She told me that she had read my blogs (I gave her the addresses a few weeks ago) and she said that she really liked it. So now I feel like I have something to aspire too! XD just kidding. Anyway, we spent time with her playing cards and talking and such. She's so awesome. I love spending time with my grandma :)

I was rewatching Clone Wars (2002) series on Youtube (I saw it several years ago on Boomerang). I think I like it better than the new one, the more popular 2008 one, only because it feels more canon (the ending leads RIGHT into Revenge of The Sith. No joke). I just realized how good that series was. Before I just watched it because it was Star Wars-related (and still kind of do to some extent ;) but it was also rather interesting and had me up way too late last night. I wish it had gone on a little longer because everyone seems to have forgotten about it :( Except the people commenting on Youtube, though, who remembered it as a kid (which was back in 2002. Did I mention that I feel old? :O)

Speaking of the Clone Wars I got the Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars game mainly because it's Star Wars-related (I told you I was obsessed ;). But seriously, the game did look kind of fun, and it is. Probably not my favorite lego game, but still fun enough. And the hub is bigger than the one in the other Lego Star Wars game.

The more work I do for my screenwriting course, the more I believe it's something I really want to go into. I also think creative writing will be fun, but sometimes I just imagine my stories playing in a film or television series, you know?

I've been trying to write a story a month. I figured that if I managed to get down a certain word count everyday of the week (I've gotta take off weekends XD), then I can get it done in about 28 days. Right now I'm in the midst of working on the second Hyper-Monkey book. When I'm done with it, I'll post it on my blog for my writings. Feel free to check it out :)

Well, that's pretty much it for this week. Once again, I hope everyone is having a glorious new year. I have to go back to school Monday (yuck lol) but I'll also go back to dance class and volunteering at the library, so that's cool. Happy New Year, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment