Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Second Week


I can't believe it's basically the second week of January! Hey, time, it just turned 2014! Slow down, please! I know I ALWAYS say that the time goes by so fast, but it seriously does! Ah, well, they say time goes by fast when you're having fun :)

Last week's episode of My Little Pony was a little better. It had more conflict in which Pinkie Pie thought she was related to the Apple family and then they went on a trip to learn about family ad stuff.

From doing my online screenwriting class, I think I'll really enjoy writing a screenplay. Because it's more dialogue than a book or novel, which is what I prefer (I don't like giving descriptions), it may be more enjoyable to me. I don't want to get into my head that it's going to be easier, but it certainly looks fun, and you always work hard for something you enjoy :)

It felt weird that some of my family members were watching the playoffs Sunday and I wasn't. It's just that sports isn't really my thing. I enjoyed watching my brother play basketball, but that was mainly because I knew him. I don't really enjoy watching strangers play it. And I'm not really a sporty person. I tried basketball for one year before quitting, and I did soccer for three years and thought it was okay. I guess I'm just more of a dancer :)

I went to dance class Monday, and Switched At Birth came back on. I had to miss a little I had to miss part of Switched At Part. So far I think it looks better than the second half of the second season, since that was more about romance and this one looks less about that. It still doesn't look as good as the first season, but it looks like it may be getting back to being good :) Also, I just turned on Lab Rats since it was the season finale and it was really interesting! They need to do more 'darker' episodes - they're better in my opinion :)

I finished The Elite Tuesday. It wasn't the best book, but it was very engaging. I got annoyed with America constantly going back and forth between Aspen and Maxon and getting mad at them (mostly Maxon) and then making up - after awhile it got old. But I loved how there was more emphasis on the political aspect of the story, something that wasn't really in the first novel. So overall it was good. I'd probably give it a 3.5/5 stars.

We got the recital DVD for my last year at my old dance studio. I watched it and, while I didn't enjoy that dance as much as my other ones (partly because of the drama - so over that :P), it brought back good memories. I missed my dance mates. At least I'm friends with them on Facebook :)

Meemaw came over Wednesday :), and I finished Ramona The Brave. I don't know why, but I really like the Ramona books. It really is a classic. I can imagine any age enjoying the stories. Even if you're my age or an adult, you can relate to it in some way.

Okay so I took this Star Wars quiz Thursday and it said I was Yoda. I'm not sure how accurate that was (I still have much to learn lol) but at least it shows that I'm leaning towards wisdom :) Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with y'all, since, ya know, I'm a SW nut :)

I can't believe my screenwriting class is almost over! :O I had my last class Friday. I have an assignmen tI still need to complete, but I have two weeks. The ride has been difficult at times, but it also was fun and showed me just how much I think I love screenwriting. This lesson was about getting your stories out there, too, so that was really cool. After I do the final exam (AAH! EXAMNS!! Lol), I think I may take another online class involving creative writing :)

I'm really liking this writing websites I've found (Figment, Movellas, Fanfiction). I really really really want to be a professional writer, but while I'm not, I can publish them online, for FREE, and then have people giving me critical feedback for improvement :)

So that's pretty much my week in a nutshell. At the moment I can't stop playing Paramore's "Misery Busienss", which really is a guilty pleasure for me (the lyrics are manipulative and stuff, but the music is just so catchy! :P), I'm pumped for this 3-day weekend for MLK's birthday, and I'm getting ready to watch MLP in less than ten minutes. Bye, y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment