Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

End of The Year


Well, here we are, near the end of December. Goodbye, 2013. It was nice knowing you *sniffs*

I just can't help but wish shows didn't jump the shark. The MLP episode last week was fun, but it still wasn't at the level it was in season 1 or 2. I just thought of that as I re watched clips from funny moments in season 1. The characters, dialogue, and plots just feel…different to me. The show has always been about learning lessons and whatnot, but it feels more obvious now. I don't know how to explain it, but yeah…Just like OUAT and SAB, these shows have dropped in quality. It's always a shame when that happens, but maybe the writers just can't go on with it forever. Oh well…I'm glad it's not like Heroes, where I really didn't like the other seasons that weren't the first one

So as I have said in earlier posts, I am in desperate need of something interesting to read/watch. So I picked up Mary Poppins Sunday and found that I quite enjoyed it! The story itself is, admittedly, sort of random, but the writing style is really good (I've found that good writing styles often make good stories).

I'm just loving these week that I'm getting off. It's nice to kick back and relax.

It's so hard to keep track of the days today! I thought Tuesday was Saturday because I was off. Ah…

It feels so weird whenever I see everyone else celebrating Christmas and I don't :/ I mean I'm totally okay with others doing it, but I guess I just feel like the odd one out (not that I'm already not, with my homeschooling). I did find another friend who said she didn't, so I feel a little less odd. Oh well…I hope everyone has a great holiday! :D

Looking back on the shows I remember, I realize that they were mostly in the 2000s--most of them 2003. They included the following: That's So Raven Teen Titans (which I still enjoyed), What's New, Scooby Doo? (love me some Scooby Doo), Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited (very good series), Winx Club (pretty good), W.I.T.C.H. (really good), Sonic X (don't like it as much now), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (very good), Kim Possible (very enjoyable), The Litter Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, and more than I can't remember. (animated series versions of the films),

I also saw reruns of shows in the 90s, such as Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated series (both were pretty darn good from the episodes I saw), Spider-Man: The Animated Series (very good), X-Men: The Animated Series (also very good), Scooby Doo: Where Are You? (campy but so much fun), The Flintsones, and other shows. Those shows were 10 years ago, and some were even 10+ years ago! Gosh, I feel so old! :O

The screenwriting class is getting difficult, but darn…it's just so interesting! I think it's really going to help me. It gives me good ideas on how to structure my story while also making it engaging.

Speaking of writing, I am kind of still in a gutter, but at least I'm writing! :P I kind of just fell into writing the first book for Enchanted (I think I mentioned this in a previous post). It's fun to write, but sometimes I just feel like I'm going so slow. I NEED inspiration! I've got to get back to reading Mary Poppins and watching Lost (I know I said this before, but I still don't have a book that I crave like Harry Potter or Divergent. And as far as Lost…well, I just need to get my brain ready for that show :P)

Well, I can't think of much else I did, unfortunately. But I'm sure I've forgotten to log some things down. Sometimes I'm just lazy and don't jog down things everywhere. Anyway…see you guys next year!!! (And I really mean it. The next post you'll see will be in 2014 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment