Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Blog of A Sixteen-Year-Old Girl


(My lovely friend Sarah made this and tagged me in the picture of Facebook. It was very sweet :)

I really am running out of creative titles, so I just went with this obvious title. But anyway...

I guess last week's episode of MLP was a little better. I don't know, the vibe and flow felt smoother to me than past episodes. But it was more about Pinkie Pie than the other ponies, and I love all of them :P But it was still good.

So I went back to dance class Monday! It feels like I've been gone forever. I didn't go a few other weeks because of MLK Jr.'s birthday (though they were open, I took the day off), and then of course the snow day through everything off and the roads were closed.

I found out that the studio's end of the year showcase, which is basically their recital, minus the fee, has a theme every year. This year's theme is Alice In Wonderland. I have to admit that I'm curious to see what we'll be doing this semester :D

Switched At Birth, unfortunately, was not as good as next week. It was focusing more on the romance. And they lied about Bemment! They didn't get back together! I should have known that, and a part of me did, but seriously...I don't know if Emmet and Bay will be able to pass this stage, after he cheated on her, but I hope they will, eventually. And of course they had to make me wait next week after showing tons of drama, but none as much as JOHN KISSING NIKKI'S MOTHR. That's right, JOHN WAS KISSING HIS SON'S MOTHER-IN-LAW. THIS MAKES NO SENSE. HOW CAN JOHN CHEAT ON KATHRYN WITH HIS SORT OF RELATIVE???!!! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO??? Okay, okay, I'm done, it's just that next week won't come soon enough, and of course I'll be late to see a little less than the first half because of dance class...Ugh, why do you do this to me, ABC Family? There's usually a lot less drama than the promo showed, and yet it still pulls me in. Anyway...

Agents of Shield came back on Tuesday, after a mysterious two-week hiatus (don't know why), and it was still okay. I wonder why I keep watching it if I don't love it. But it's connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and I hope it gets better. At least the actors are tweeting while the show's on--that's cool :) And it's going on another hiatus until March (I don't know why, but whatever. Some things will stay a mysterious to me...)

Meemaw came over Wednesday and we played some sudoku and cards. We also raced, and omg...my legs hurt so bad. And my sides did for awhile. I guess I haven't run in awhile...makes me not want to do it again :P lol

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't watch the Superbowl :P I never did before, so it wast really a surprise when I didn't this Sunday. I heard it wasn't very good (first from my brother and my parents), but everyone was saying that Bruno Mars had a really good performance.

I just found out that day that J.K. Rowling said that Hermione should have ended up with Harry instead of Ron. I really don't know how I feel about this...I mean, Ron and Hermione definitely had chemistry with their arguments, but at the same time I'm not sure if they would have ended up together romantically. And yeah, Harry and Hermione had chemistry, but I'm not sure if I would have liked them together, not to mention I liked Harry with Ginny. I'm just a bit conflicted now, I guess. No biggie, though. It's not like J.K.'s gonna recton this.

I feel like I'm getting really far in my Star Wars fanfic! :D Of course, it's gonna need some editing (for example, I really need to stop replaying so many scenes from the film), but I'm really liking where I'm going with this! I'm exploring aspects of the series that I wished had been explored in the films and making characters realize/say things (without going out of character, of course!) that they didn't before. This may be my favorite fanfiction yet :)

Speaking of fanfiction...yeah, I really need to be banned from the website. They've got so many good darn ones! I usually read ones for the Prequel Trilogy in Star Wars (I prefer the timeline, although the Original Trilogy were better structured film wise), but then I decided to look into the OT and found that I was enjoying it and forgot how good it was with all my focus on the PT! And then I made myself read Harry Potter fanfics (because I am too invested in SW sometimes and I love HP), and I stumbled across some really good ones, namely a REALLY good one that had me reading on my laptop for hours. Plus there are other fanfictions (like one for The Little Mermaid that I read years ago but couldn't find again until recently) that I love. So yeah, I need to be banned from Fanfiction.Net, less my fangirl disease take over me...I have a problem.

In other writing news, I have decided to enter in writing contests on the online writing communities I'm involved in (i.e. Figment, Movellas). Movellas has the most, but they've got like five contests running on at once! :O It's a bit overwhelming, but I want to enter in them all! Not only do I enjoy a little writing encouragement, but I also hope that, since it's in a contest, I can maybe get some more traffic on my stories :)

I think it'd be really cool if I could have a writer's group to get together and give constrictive criticism and tips on how to improve. I couldn't find one locally (I guess no one my age is really interested in writing--bohoo :/) and I had one online with a few of my online friends, but that group died a slow death...But hopefully I can restart it up!

So yeah, that's my week in a nutshell. As usual, since it's Saturday, I'm gonna watch "My Little Pony". I think this episode's about the Equestria Games--it seems like they're doing that one a lot. I know I keep criticizing it for jumping the shark, but at least I'm still enjoying it! :D Oh, and I guess the Olympic Games are on...or were on...I don't know, I don't watch it and hardly know anything about it, so...anyway...Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment