Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy New Month!


Hey, hey, y'all! Can you believe it's already February? Granted, this whole blog post will incorporate most of last week, so some of it will have been from January, but I'm posting it in February. Okay, I'm blabbing on. Anyway...

Let's see, what have I done interesting...Well, Meemaw came over last Saturday and we played cards again. She also taught me how to play Sudoku. So now I learned a new skill! :D Oh, and last week, I blogged that my dad had been gone for two weeks. Well, guess what--he came home Monday :D So that was cool

Switched At Birth was better this week. They were doing more issues with the school between the deaf kids vs. hearing kids and other more family related/serious issues instead of just romantic stuff. And the promo for next week...oh my. I hate how ABC Family does this to me, mixing clips together with dramatic exchanges between characters. BUT THEN THEY HAD TO SHOW BEMMET KISSING!!! NOT FROM THE PAST SEASON THEY DID BEFORE, BUT THIS SEASON!!!

There was a warning that it'd snow Tuesday, so no one had school (except me, the homeschooler who doesn't need to go out to do school. But I did take off two of my easier subjects this week! :D)  It snowed, I think, Wednesday, and the snow stayed Thursday and started thawing Friday. One thing that's perplexing about weather in my city is that it's constantly changing. One minute it's cold and the next it's hot (it was actually 70 something degrees this winter! :O) I live in the south and whenever it snows, we have to close down the roads cause we're not used to it--which, you know, sucks if you wanted to go out. It's actually more like ice than snow. I'm not sure if I got a good picture, but the one on top should at least give you an idea of what it looks like.

I got really stuck on Hyper-Monkey (unfortunately) so I must wrap it up soon :P Ugh, I feel like this is the worst draft I've ever written for HM! I really ran out of ideas, all thanks to lack of engaging books! I need to read a good book--I may have to resort to rereading Harry Potter (though it won't give me any new new ideas, at least it'll be a book I love!) At the least, though, I can always edit this draft :)

On the bright side, my Star Wars fanficition is coming along well! I've copied A LOT from the Revenge of The Sith novelization, only because the beginning was pretty much the same (minus some changes that may seem minor but will change in the future). I think I'm making it a little too similar to the actual film, though, so I'll edit that in draft two. But one of my favorite fanfic writers told me that reading novelizations (because I asked for her advice) dealing with said characters in said fandom help you get them in character and not out of character (known as OOC to the fanfiction world), and I think it is helping. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to get this fanfic as well as I can and hopefully people will like it when I'm finished! :D

I took the screenwriting finals AND I PAST. YES. I had to get at least 74% and I got 78% :) I wanted to get closer to 100%, but whatever: I PASSED!!! YESS!!!! :D This class was fun, but hard, and omg, I got so SICK of rereading through my lessons to make sure I got the answers right on the test! It was an open book test, but I wanted to see if I could do well with remembering it. But anyway, I PASSED!!! WHOHOO!!! I PASSED MY FIRST COLLEGE COURSE EVA!!!

Well, that's it for the week. The snow's still thawing, but I'm sure it'll clear it soon next week. I've also got "My Little Pony" today, and I have to finish my math work (bleh!) because I didn't get it done yesterday, not to mention I have a test...Yeah, this snow has totally thrown off my week. I couldn't keep up with the days for awhile, since most people were out of school. Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment