Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Shortest Month Of The Year


It's the truth! Even during Leap Years, February has less than thirty days and almost exactly four weeks :/ It's part of the reason the year goes by way too fast. Curse you Augustus! (There's a little history behind the fact that February is so short, but I won't get into that...) Anyway...

I was a little afraid with My Little Pony when they made Rarity have a crush on another filly and then he liked Applejack and Rarity got jealous. I mean, I love romance and all, but the main reason I loved MLP was because it derived away from the sappy romance :/ But thankfully it wasn't TOO bad. I actually think they did a pretty good job with it, even if the episode itself was so-so. It feels like the other ponies are slowly fading away as they focus solely on one person in their centric episode...I liked it better when they were all together :P

I really like the dance choreography we're doing in dance class! It's by a band I recently got into via Spotify. I'm not sure if we're doing it for the showcase or not (probably not), but I'm at least glad that I learned it. It reminds me of little choreography I used to do in my jazz teacher's dance class at my older studio. I love doing random choreography and then recording it on my computer when I get home. It's like having little mini recitals :)

It snowed again Wednesday! Well, it wasn't really snow, more of ice. The schools were closed again, except for yours truly, since, of course, homeschoolers don't need to go out to do their schoolwork :P
So we basically just got a week of a break from snow, and then more snow. Or ice. I'll just call it snow-ice or "fake" snow lol

Oh, and get this--the snow was messing with the power, so the electricity went out! Yep, we had a blackout :P It wasn't really that bad, but a major inconvenience. Luckily it was daytime, so we could still see, but we had no internet (what a crisis! Lol) and the lights, stove, microwave, etc. didn't work. We went out to places where there was electricity--we had lunch at Costco (even though the lights flickered several times), and a few other places. Thankfully I found internet lol! :P

I've been continuing to write my Star Wars fanfic, but I have had some delays. It's mostly because I don't like writing/reading battle scenes, but of course, since it's a Star Wars fanfic, I have to :P But thankfully I got some advice from other writers on the forums on Fanfiction.Net. I at least have an idea now on how to approach the subject.

So Valentine's Day was Friday (also a birthday of one of my good friends :D). I've never really celebrated it, but I did get a nice little email from one of my good friends :) Also, I don't want to turn this into some deep post, but I think that people who are kind of feeling longing for having no one to share Valentine's Day with can realize that love comes in all forms--platonic and romantic. There's nothing wrong with being single. All us single ladies (and men) should listen to that Beyonce song! :D

I may have posted a while ago about running out of books to read, but now I've at least forced myself to read some good stuff. I am obsessed with the Tudor family, so I decided to look at a book about Queen Elizabeth. I also reread some of the Star Wars novels I got (I need more of 'em!) and some book that retold classic Greek and Roman myths. The latter was very entertaining, as I have always wanted to read the Greek myths as a Greek mytho fanatic, and gave me some ideas on remaking the myths.

In other writing news, I've been entering in contests via Figment and Movellas! I can't believe I got three followers in one day on Figment! :O I'm so happy :D I find that entering through contests are really fun because 1). it gives me a challenge, and I do so love a good challenge :D 2). it helps me get some traffic on my page since multiple people are entreating said contest 3). I can possibly win (of course :D) and 4). there are prizes to be won (even though this isn't my main reason, it's still exciting.

I know I already posted this last week (at least I think I did), but I'm only going to focus on two of my book series, Enchanted (maybe) and Lizard-Man (of my original stories--of course, I've got a bundle of fanfics I wanna write). It's only because, especially after taking that introduction to screenwriting course I mentioned a few weeks ago (wow, it's been that long? :O), it helped me realize that those are the two stories that are best structured and that I need to work more on my others. Actually, there are a few others that are well-srtiuctured, such as my zombie hunter novel series, but I'll get to that later. I'm only doing this so that I can really focus on editing those books--I realize that I never make time to edit my stories cause I've got a bazillion others to write! So I need a little break to figure out those stories and in the meanwhile focus on my others.

Well, that's pretty much it for this week. Once again the snow has completely thrown off my week (I had a hard time memorizing what day it was :O). I haven't been able to go to the library because of it, so I really hope I can go next week. And "My Little Pony" is coming on in about an hour, so I'll be watching that. I've also got some writing to do, as well as some reading. Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment