Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Television, Writing, Dancing, And More


I really am running out of titles for my blog post :P It's just that it's basically the same thing every week, so I don't know what to call it. To be honest, though, I think this one is one of my better ones. But anyway...

My Little Pony was slightly better last week--Applejack had a funny line. But Fluttershy's stage fright...I don't know. It just seems as if they're taking a step back with her maturity. Like, she was growing out of her shyness and becoming more assertive (if ever so slightly) in season 2, and now she's back to this!

Oh my gosh...I read the screenplay for "Revenge of The Sith" online (cause, you know, I'm obsessed with that movie), and I discovered so many deleted scenes that would have made the film even better! OMG why weren't they in the deleted scenes? I guess they had a running time to fill :/ But you can bectha I'm gonna include as much as I can in my fanfic ;)

Speaking of Star Wars, I'm about finished with my fanfic now, since it's been about a month ;) I actually started working on it before February, but it's fine that I'm finishing up now--I took a head start in January, partially because I knew I'd get to the part where I'd get a condition writers know as procrastinating ;) Haha, there are just some scenes I'd rather not write (i.e. battle scenes--I know it's a Star Wars fanfic, but I love it for the story more than the action) and some scenes feel so awkward and out-of-character that I don't write jack. But I have to keep reminding myself that first drafts are NOT supposed to be perfect and that I can fix it later on. Overall I think I've gotten pretty far in this, at least farther than I did in Hyper-Monkey. The first draft's just for the idea, and then, of course, I'll work on polishing it. But I love the feeling of kicking back for a month or so and examining your work. Feels good :)

Okay, I know I've had Star Wars on the brain lately (because of the new movies and Rebel series, not to mention my fanfic), and I feel lil I've been thinking about it WAY too much, but I just have to say that I read more of the novelization of "The Empire Strikes Back" and that I'm really enjoying it! I spent so much time in the Prequel Trilogy timeline that I didn't realize how great that movie was, not mention I want to get back in the grove with "A New Hope". At least this way I'm balancing out my SW obsession by going to multiple timelines--hehe ;)

We did the choreography we did last week in dance class Monday, which I loved :) I really liked the song and the dance. It's called "Swimming" by Florence+The Machine. I was thinking of uploading me doing it on Youtube, if I can figure out to upload it (I'm not sure if it accepts the file I used to record it in, and, as many times and years I spent on Youtube, I have NO idea how to upload a video unless it's from my phone :/)

Agh, Switched At Birth is so...well, I'm getting tired of the romantic drama--Daphne and Bay, please stop dating so many guys and stay single for awhile, it's getting hard to keep up with them--but then this week Kathryn found out about John kissing Janeice...the actors are really good. I felt so bad for Kathryn and felt like crying :( Oh, and I really really am mad at John. He's been irking me so far this season, with his little respect for Kathryn. But Kathryn shouldn't have written that book without his permission...oh, they definitely have things to work out in their relationship :/

I've been doing swaps like crazy on Figment, especially since I have two contest entries and need some feedback for them. I really hope I win, of course, but then there's this other girl who had an AWESOME story and I hope she wins. I hope we can have multiple winners ^_^

Meemaw came over Wednesday and we raced again. I still couldn't beat my brother, Manny, ut I was in second! :P Haha, anyway, we also played some dodgeball and just overall had fun with my grandma's weekly visit ^_^

Let's see what else I did...I stayed up to finish reading "The Empire Strikes Back", so I have nothing else to read (boohoo :P) Not really, but I've got to find something REALLY good to read at the library (I can't buy anything, cause I'm poor lol :P). I'm almost wrapped up with my Star Wars fanfic (YAY!)--it's a very rough first draft but I'm glad I got my idea and played it out ^_^

Afterwards I'm going to write the second Lizard-Man novel (YAY!) and perhaps translate it into a screenplay. I don't know. O like how novels have more descriptions than screenplays, but some descriptions I like skipping, so that's when I like screenplays. I don't particularly care for writing/reading most action scenes, so for my crime drama idea, "Crime And Punishment", screenplays would be better. So I'll do a mix of both with Lizard-Man. And then I'll have to edit it because it's a little too similar to Spider-Man, and I want to publish it without getting sued :/

Well, that's pretty much it for now. I am rather sore from exercising yesterday--it's a hassle climbing upstairs :P Since it's Saturday (YAY!!!) "My Little Pony" is going to come o in a few hours. I'll probably do some writing (I never take a break from that--lol), may get on those writing websites to do more "swaps" (ask someone to read/review my story and then read/review theirs in turn), play Lego video games, and just be lazy on Saturday. Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment