Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

End of October

Close to the end of August, at least. Sorry it took FORVER for me to get this post out, but I'm getting tired of copying down my stuff from my diary and writing it on here :P I think I'll have to remember to write something in the draft of my blog posts daily so it won't be so much at the end of a week xD I have 2 other blogs, so maybe I have too many...I may not post on others every week, but I want to post on this one at least once a week.

Once Upon A Time was so good last week! At first I was concerned that it'd maybe mainly be about Hook and Emma's date, but it was certainly not! Hook getting his old hand back from Rumple to replace his hook (so he was just Captain Killeen, I guess xD) and then Rumple saying that it'd make him act like his old bad self and he did - but wait, Rumple said it was always in him and that the hand just made it more tempting for him - it was just, I don't know...I love seeing Rumple and Hook go out it again. They're going back to their old rivalry, with Hook threatening to kill Belle and Rumple doing the same (ooh! *eats popcorn like a crazy fangirl*) And Rumple wanted something that would make him free of the dagger and basically be invincible. And of course, there's Regina trying to get her happy ending back with Robin Hood. And Henry's working undercover with Rumple kinda like the Sorcerer's Apprentice xD Honestly, these story arcs are more interesting than the Frozen one. But I'm glad Frozen isn't eclipsing the other ones so far. Can't wait to see what the Snow Queen wants with Emma and Elsa this week!

I've gotten better at my writing, as all writers do! :) But reading well-written books (which is relative, of course) really helps. The Mortal Instruments was INCREDIBLY well-written. The book I'm reading right now is well-written, too, which is why I'm really enjoying it even if the story isn't as interesting to me (but it's still interesting, of course!)

Which brings me to The One, the last book in the Selection series by Kiera Cass! I think this may be the best Selection book yet. The other ones were more romance heavy than politics, which I didn't like as much, but The Elite was more about politics, AND Maxon had more personality, and now this book is delving into the politics even more! And America finally seems to be making up her mind about who she wants to be with! Yes! (I used to ship her and Aspen in the first book, but ever since Maxon got more interesting, I ship them together instead :)

Getting back to writing, though, as you know (I think), I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year! But I feel a little unprepared! :O Well, not totally...I've been working on this story a couple of years ago - mind you, it's had a LOT of reconstructions/deconstructions along the way - and I've written at least two outlines, and I'm attached to the characters (which is always good, cause I won't write the story otherwise xD), so I kind of have a direction that I can see. Like, I know what the theme is, and that's gonna drive my story - that was the main problem with my other ones. Anyway, I hooked up with some buddies from Movellas and we're buddies now on Movellas, so it's cool knowing people. Like this summer, when I did Camp NaNoWriMo, I knew a few people from Figment on there and they invited me to their "cabin", so that was cool. And what's a better motivator than friends who are as passionate as you are about a thing? :)

I'm sure there's more, but I'm really, surprisingly, tired right now :/ I know, it's only a quarter till nine, but I'm kind of exhausted...I have been trying to go to bed earlier today, so that could be part of the reason. And maybe I'm mentally drained for playing Animal Crossing like, all day xD Anyway, I hope this blog post wasn't too unexciting...I promise next week's will be. I'm just tired, y'all. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment