Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

The "Ber" Months

September, October, November, December...you see where I'm going with this? I'm pretty sure I posted that last year, but I forgot. And I wanted to do it now. I wonder if the people naming the months got tired of giving the months different names and decided to keep the last part of the last four months the same xD Anyway...

What happened this week? I'll probably do my usual routine; talk about my TV shows first from last week (since they're earlier in the week), my writing, maybe some stuff about dancing, my current/ past obsessions....you know the drill ;)

Once Upon A Time was good this week. Not great, but good (has it only been two episodes? It feels like it's been longer). I don't know why they decided to make Bo Peep evil (like with Peter Pan) - maybe it was because it was so out there that Bo Peep would be evil - but I could have done without that storyline. But I did like how Anna was helping David/Charming. I just love the way the writers and actress are portraying the character. I actually thought I preferred Elsa, but that may just be movie Elsa (although I still do like Anna!) This Elsa seems too emotionally unstable for my liking -freezing the whole town until she can find her sister? - and I guess I just preferred her in the film (which I haven't seen, I know). But it was still a good episode. I loved how Emma and Elsa look to be starting a sistermance, and I'm liking the CaptainSwan shipping more now that Hook isn't lovey-dovey about Emma as much anymore. And Juliet from Lost is gonna be on tomorrow! I guess that's what happens when writers from one show move to another xD I so want her and Belle (Claire on Lost) to meet...

I don't really remember what happened Monday, so let's talk about my writing instead! I still feel like I'm in a bit of a dump, but at least now I've identified my problem! I can't imagine changing my old stories into fantasy, so I may just write a completely different story...I honestly don't really want to do that, though, so maybe I'll try looking out for some cool sci-fi YA novels in the genres of superheroes, mutants, dystopians, etc. Dystopians are kinda violent, so I'm not sure if I want to do them as much anymore...I mean, I loved Divergent, but it's just too violent for me. (The Mortal Instruments is, too, which is why I may be done with it now...) Perhaps I'll write a milder dystopian with little to no violence, like The Giver and Matched are. Sorry,  I'm getting a bit off-topic...

Speaking of writing and reading, I finished City of Glass today!!! It didn't exactly feel like the ending to a series; like the previous books, the plot is fairly overstuffed and complicated at times. But I juts love most of the characters - that's what makes the story so great - and Cassandra Clare is an incredible writer. She writes battle scenes like no one I've ever seen so far - I can literally picture them in my head! Anyway, I felt like the story could have had less plot points and have been more about ending a particular storyline, but I still really enjoyed it. The ending was great and pretty perfect, too, so that was good. I'm not sure I'm interested in reading the others because of what I mentioned earlier; plus, it's more about Simon than Clary. But I may. I dunno...Either way, I ended a great book series, and, while I'll certainly miss it, it was a great ride while it lasted :) And I can always read it again if I want to! :D

I actually am considering rereading the Harry Potter series again...that book is gold, pure magic. After reading about J.K. Rowling's struggles and rise to success in a sort-of biography of hers that I'm reading, it makes me appreciate the story even more. She started writing since she was very young and stuck to it, no matter what. I just love her enthusiasm and want to do the same. Those kinds of people really inspire me...

Ah, before I get off-subect even more, let me expound on what I was saying earlier: I want to reread the Harry Potter series, because - aside from it being great - I've recently begun copying samples of writing from my favorite books to see if I can come up with a similarly-unqiue phrase. Not ripping of their writing, of course, but seeing if I can sound as distinctive as they do. As I wrote in the past, I'm already doing this with the Mortal Instruments series - why not do it with "the best book series of all time!"? Bwhahaha xD I may not reread the entire thing, but bits and pieces and chapters of it. But once I read it, I may not be able to stop. That world can really suck you in...

The Agents of Shield show came on again Tuesday, and it was...okay. I know I keep saying that, and you may be wondering why I keep watching a TV series that I think is just so-so, but let me explain: I felt like this series had SO much potential! I mean, how cool would it had been to see SHIELD agents from the comics and Coulsion and Maria Hill working in SHIELD? I really wanted to see the inner workings of SHIELD, but I felt like I didn't really get to in the series. We didn't see many other agents of SHIELD during the first season, aside from Coulsion's team, which made them feel just as separate (if not more) from SHIELD than they are now :/ I just wanted this show to be must-see TV, and it's not, really. But it's okay, and some episodes are pretty good. Oh, well. I'll keep watching it, anyway, because it's entertaining enough :)

In other news, I've been Animal Crossing-obsessed...again. It's just that we've been blessed to be able to get so many games - and that was one of them! I know it can get boring sometimes, but that's most games, right? And I like having it on the Gamecube because it's my favorite Animal Crossing game so far (I haven't gotten New Leaf yet, since I don't have a 3DS, so I'll have to compare the two later), and we have more than one memories card, so we have a few AC datas xD Only four people can live in one town, and there are at least six of us playing, so of course we needed some more data. And for the rest of the memory cards...well, they're just for fun experiments with different towns xD I love Animal Crossing, man =)

I'm still debating whether or not to join one of my town's dance studios' companies - that is, if I'm accepted, of course. I think I will, not to be arrogant or anything, but it's a tap company that I'm looking at and I love tap. When you love something passionately, or just really enjoyed it, you know, you tend to excel in that thing :) Anyway, my mom pointed out that companies would be traveling, which I'm not sure I'd like too much. But there are more performance opportunities. I don't know. I definitely want to try out for it, and I may do the traveling for a little while and then stop. But hey, why not try it? I may like it :)

I feel like I have more to say, but I don't feel like writing more :P lol. I'm kinda tired, to be honest...I stayed up way too late last night playing Mario Superstar Baseball with my siblings. But it was all worth it xD Man, times like these make me miss the Gamecube - at least I'm still able to use its games :) I miss Saturday morning cartoons, too, which reminded me - I was supposed to be watching some earlier today, you know, in the morning, but I forgot to xD I suddenly had an irking to re-watch Danny Phantom...that show was pretty good. Anyway, that's it for this week! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment