Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Two Weeks Till Break

I enjoyed the Once Upon A Time mid finale, especially since RUMPLE FINALLY GOT CAUGHT!!! WHOHOO!!! THANK YOU BELLE!!! Seriously, though, I was practically doing my happy dance when she called Rumple out for his mess. I was getting so SICK and TIRED of him getting away with everything, acting like he could have two things (Belle and power). Hook nearly died, too, because of him - ugh, I knew they wouldn't kill him off, but seriously, I was worried until Belle came in like a total hotshot and told it to him straight! Yes! I feel bad for Regina, though, having to give up Robin Hood AGAIN, because apparently, when she tries to be good and redeem herself, bad things happen :/ But I had tried to have faith, believing that they were right about villains always losing, and look what happened! Henry's helping Regina find the author to make herself happy (as well as Emma helping her - I love those two together :D) and to top it off, there's an awesome-looking teamup Rumple's doing with three villainous ladies from Disney - Maleficent, Cruella, and Ursula. I don't know why, but I'm so flipping excited for those three ladies ;) haha

But what am I going to do now? OUAT won't be on again until March, and Agents of Shield is off now, I think...Yeah, I know I only watch two televisions series, so my options are low, but still - most of them end now, right? Ah, whatever...I think Switched At Birth has a special that may be coming on next week or so...maybe I'll take a peek, I don't want to make too many assumptions just yet. And My Little Pony returns next year, right? In the meantime, while I'm hollering for 2015 to come around the corner, I'll be binge watching both Boy Meets World and Family Ties. Seriously, though, it's going to be a long week consisting of 80s and 90s televisios shows, possibly with a combination of old Saturday morning cartoons found on Youtube :) Talk about going back in time! xD

I finished What Happened To Goodbye! The ending kind of surprising, but I was satisfied. It wasn't that perfect "happily-ever-after"that I thought it was, but it was a happy ending :) Oh, and two people I shipped/thought may get together? They ended up getting together, so yeah :) I'm not talking about the love interest of the protagonist, because that one was obvious, but her father. Anyway, I liked it. Like I said, romance isn't really my thing, not when it's by itself, but when it's with other things going on, but this was a pretty good book. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars

Amidst all the freaky fangirl stuff, I have been having more serious thoughts. I think I'll label this section "falling down and rising back up", because that's what's been happening not only these last two months in the year, but the whole year itself.

I wrote on my "A Very Special Post" (or whatever I had called it) how down I was feeling, how I was lying to myself and felt really unhappy, and how I was going to change that. Well, guess what? I feel back down again. And I'm really upset, but I'm also telling myself that I'm human, so it's natural. I am having a hard time getting back up, and through it all, I see that I may not actually have completely healed as much as I would have liked myself to believe.

One of the things I was proudest (and probably vainest) about my recovering was that I could do most of it on my own. I would read self-help books and get occasional advice from people, but I thought I could handle it on my own. I heard that you were the only one who could change your life, so I thought that meant you pretty much had to do EVERYTHING on your own. And not only did it make me feel overwhelmed, it also made me feel like I had to put myself on-top of others.

I think that arrogance is probably just a trait we get whenever we feel like we have to put ourselves above others so that we can feel better about ourselves. That's how I feel, at least. Even when I was feeling overloaded, I kept telling myself to keep going, but I didn't get any help from anyone. I barely asked for help, and if I did, it was probably because I was asked if I needed help from someone else. I thought I didn't need to go to others to help. I thought I was beings strong, I guess.

And eventually I fell, as I posted last week. And through the pain, whenever I can think straight, I feel humble now and realize one very big mistake I made: I didn't get the support of others. There's a verse in Proverbs that mentions how pride goes before a fall, and that could not be truer in my case. I felt like I had to do a lot and I probably fed my ego that way so that I would feel better about myself, and look at where I ended up: back on the ground.

But don't worry - I'm feeling better now :) I just made a big revelation today that's making me feel SO much better. I'm not going to say that I'm totally okay, because if I immediately jump on it I may be more likely to spiral down just as quickly, but I certainly feel better. Like maybe I can enjoy this break that's coming up (I was dreading it before, as amazing as that sounds).

Thanks, as always, for reading my blogpost (to whoever's reading, of course!) I may not see you but it feels good to share and be honest, even if it's just me typing out my words and reading them. I hope you all have a wonderful week! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment