Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

What Happened In November

Here is a review on some things that happened in November, which includes some things I may have forgotten to post last week ;) It's in no particular order, even though I did try to put some of them in order, but it's no perfect timeline or anything xD

1. I went to a creative writing workshop at my brother's college! He was talking about how his creative writing teacher was hosting a workshop and wanted Manny and some other classmate there and he knows I'm into creative writing, so he asked me if I wanted him to ask the teacher if I could go (lol this is getting convoluted) and I basically said yes. So he asked and I guess she said yes! :)

Anyway, that was fun :D I got to meet a few of his classmate friends beforehand (I felt kinda like a third wheel, but my mother assured me that that was normal. It wasn't like I had met these people before, lol). One girl complimented my earrings, but it took me a moment to realize what she had said (delayed reaction--happens a lot to Fairley :P lol) and I said thanks but forgot to tell her I made them. Anyway...I met the teacher, too, and thanked her for letting me sit in the class. She seemed pretty laid back and happy that I was there :)

Eventually (not too long afterward), we went into the classroom, where someone had brought some goodies (water bottles, carpi sun, and some cookies/desserts!) And then we sat down and class got started. I learned some new things there, like some words (onomatopoeia is my new favorite word xD) and some new strategies on how I could improve on my writing. At the end I got a water bottle and ate some DELICIOUS cookies (yum!) So yeah, the whole experience was fun :)

2. Thanksgiving happened! I wrote about that last week, of course :) But it's still worth nothing :)

3. My maternal grandfather came over that following Saturday.

4. My maternal grandmother (Meemaw) came over the next day.

5. I started reading City of Angels but stopped. I wrote about that last week, too (see? I didn't forget everything!) I feel like my writing skills are lagging because I haven't read anything I've really wanted to, lately, so I'm going to start reading some older books in the house until I get to the library.

6. I won NaNoWriMo (and subsequently wrote my first novel). That was definitely exciting! I know it's the reason I haven't posted in awhile, but it was totally worth it, even if I don't do it again next year. It really taught me to stick to a goal, as I told you before, and made me write more consistently and made me have no time for things like writer's block or not being in the mood to write.

I can't think of much else that has happened the past weeks or so. Finals are coming up in college for my older brother, and I guess I'll be graduating my first semester in 12th grade. Even though I'm stoked about starting college next fall, I don't think I even realize how much time has passed by O_O That's why we should enjoy every moment. Capture it. When it's gone, you won't feel upset, really, because you lived fully in the moment.

Just some words of wisdom I've learned from others :) Happy Holidays, everyone! Here's hoping we'll make 2015 an even better year than 2014! (But don't forget to enjoy 2014, of course. The year's not over yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment