Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Favorite Quotes


Recently I've decided to post quotes up once a week on my Facebook. I decided to share some of my favorites here, just to have something to do:

"All Life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A friend is a gift you give yourself."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."
-Amelia Earhart

"Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it."
-Joseph Conrad

"Not all who wander are lost."
-J.R.R. Tolkien

This is still on topic (although it may not sound like it at first)-has anyone noticed that people say, "You know what they say"? I don't know who "they" are (I'm guessing it was someone anonymous who had first said it), but I thought it'd be cool to post up some of them:

"You know what they say..."

"...the more the merrier."
"...don't judge a book by its cover."
"...a dog is a man's best friend."
"...you are what you eat."
"...don't count your chickens before they hatch."
"...don't make mountains out of molehills."

And here are some movie quotes:

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again."
-Magneto, X-Men: First Class

"I just keep wishing I could think of a way to show them that they don't own me. If I'm going to die, I wanna still be me."
-Peeta Mellark, The Hunger Games

(Here are some not-so-meaniful (but funny) quotes)

"Now you know that evil will always win, because good is dumb."
-Darth Helment, Space Balls

"YOU, ARE, A TOOOY! You're not the real Buzz Lightyear; you're an ACTION FIGURE! A child's PLAY-THINGY!"
-Woody, Toy Story

Well, that's all, I guess. Until next time, amigos! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment