Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Funny cliches

This may sound kind of cynical, but I just decided to list some cliches I've noticed in movies, television series, etc. I thought it'd be fun :D
With superheroes:
-Whenever a hero's captured by a villain, they always shout, "Let me go!", or "What do you want with me?" (the latter usually happens with a damsel-in-distress)
-The villain explains his evil plan (why would he even do that? I mean, does he want the hero to stop him? I guess he likes to brag about all the intricate work he went through to do it)
-Sometimes a villain says, "Join me!" to the hero, and they may/may not propose "You and I can rule the world!" or something to that extend
-The hero then shouts in response, "I'll never join you!"
On sitcoms (well, at least Disney Channel):
-Someone gives another person an unknown food. The person likes it (they may ask, "What is it?"), and then the person who gave it to them says, "It's [insert something really gross here]!" The person then proceeds to spit out the food (I always wonder why they do that when they liked it before they knew what was in it, but I guess it makes sense)
-Someone has some bad news, but it's hard to break the news to the person they want to tell them. They go to the person and proceed to tell them, but then the person says something really contradictory to what the other person was going to say (for instance, if a person was going to say, "I lost your bracelet", and then the other person says, "Man, if you lost my bracelet, I'd NEVER forgive you!") Then the person asks the other, "So, what were you going to say to me?" Of course, they don't tell them now.
-Someone has a dream that, ironically, includes their friends/family. When they wake up, they're surrounded by their friends/family. They say, "I had the strangest/weirdest dream!" Then they point to each individual and say, "And you were there!" to each of them.
Well, that's all I can think of. Do you guys have any other cliches? I'd love to hear them (I'm sorry, but this is too fun for me :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment