Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

It's Friday!!!

Hiya, everyone! Lately I haven't been able to come up with what to blog about (nothing too interesting has happened), but I'll try.

Well, as you can see, I have renamed my blog-"Simply Fairley". I like it better than "101 On Me", because it denotes me better in my opinion. But I hope I haven't confused you too much-I changed the blogger address to that, too.

Okay, onto what's been happening in my life...

Well, I just got "The Selection" from the library-I was so excited. For those who don't know, "The Selection" is set in the future in a sort of modern monarchy setting. They have this annual pageant for young women to enter in the "Selection", a contest consisting of 35 women competing to win the heart of Prince Maxon. Sound familiar? Some have called it a cross between "The Hunger Games" and "The Bachelor". I haven't seen "The Bachelor" but it is similar to "The Hunger Games" (although no one's fighting to the death, of course...).

Anyway, it's pretty engaging and a page-turner, but I'm not sure if it's 4-star worthy or not. The thing is, I think it was labeled as a dystopian, but dystopian novels are usually set in either 1) a bleak setting or 2) a dystopia disguising as a utopia (like "The Giver). Either way, the main character usually rebels against the society, and there are usually some physiological messages about oppression, freedom, etc. So far I haven't seen that in "The Selection". No one's really in poverty-some people are poorer than others, but it's not like the rulers are dictators. The real problem, I guess, is that the Selection seems superficial and people of higher castes and lower castes' relationships would be hard because of their class level. But other than that, their world isn't too bad-so far. At least I'm enjoying the novel.

Sorry to make that paragraph so long-that's what I've been doing lately. Let's head over to something else-dance!

Well, I have finished all of my dances, as I mentioned a few weeks ago. I like my tap piece, but it feels like a step down from what I did last year and the previous years (I've been taking tap for about 3 years now). But it's still fun to do. And modern is pretty fun-more advanced, too, which I like. But there has been some D.R.A.M.A. in my class-it's like UGH! But it doesn't affect me-I've tried to stay away from it. Still, I don't like drama-I'd rather just watch it on television. But I don't want this to turn into a negative post-I hope it hasn't. And it's not too bad, anyway. Overall dance is fine.


Just found out (literally, like an hour ago) that we're thinking about moving in this house sometime next month. It looks pretty nice, and it's cheaper than where we're living right now (not to mention it's not smaller than the current house-actually, it may be bigger). I always get excited when we move and, since I've gotten over the shock, am looking forward to it.

"Iron Man 3" is coming out soon...I hope it's good. It looks good. I'm not sure how the villain will be-I didn't like the one in "Iron Man 2" (I liked the one in the first film). And I hope they reference "The Avengers" (I think they will)-Marvel's usually good about their continuity. I'm not sure exactly what to expect from this film, but Robert Downey Jr. is a really good actor so I don't think he'll disappoint me.

Speaking of films, I may see that "Man of Steel" movie when it comes out-it looks interesting. It's produced by Christopher Nolan, and I haven't seen any of his films before (even though he directed "The Dark Knight", but still). I hear he's good, though, so I'm hoping the film will be, too.

I recently saw the trailer for "Catching Fire"-it looks pretty good. I think I enjoyed the first "The Hunger Games" novel better, but "Catching Fire" was solid. I didn't get to see the guy who played Finnick, though-I wish I did. He's one of my favorite characters. And I didn't see Johanna Mason, either-I like her, too. I don't know if I'll see it in theaters, but if I get a chance I do want to watch it.

Wow, this changed into movie talk! I always diverge onto a different subject-I don't know what's with me! Anyway, I'm glad this blog post is longer than I had thought it would be-which is good! I'm feeling like my post aren't as exciting anymore-is my life that boring? XD Maybe I just don't have anything interesting going on.

In any case, though, I hope you did enjoy some of my post. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment