Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Weekly Update

What's up, everyone?  I'm going to blog about my week again; I think the posts about what's happening in my life are the most interesting :)

Saturday was lazy, which was nice :)  We were planning to see Iron Man 3 that day, but Daddy had some stuff to do so we decided to push it until Sunday. I got to just hang out :D. I chatted with a friend on FB and some other friends online.
 I also started writing one of my stories-not to get too far off topic, but I really like it :). It took me SUCH a long time to come up with a decent storyline (I came up with the idea last year), but I finally did. Anyway, it's about these mutants that are cross-species between humans and beasts (werebeasts). They include werewolves, werelions, weretigers...I don't want to brag, but I love the idea of them being mutants. They transform when they get anxious (anything that sends their adrenaline going), and the full moon/eclipse and other changes in the atmosphere affect them differently. I may post it on my "Fair Writings" blog...I hope you like it :D
Let's see...I don't think I watched any television that day (I missed Teen Titans-two episodes come on Boomerang from 3-4 on the weekends), but it was fine-I had plenty to do :). Eventually I spent WAY too much time on the screens (really bad habit of mine...), so I tried to do non-screen activities. I started coloring (don't stare at me like that! I still enjoy coloring :D). Makes me feel like a kid again :D
I also finished reading Mockingbird. It was really good. It's about this girl with Aspergers Syndrome who's brother died in a school shooting. The story's about her trying to understand how everyone is feeling and feel empathy-which is hard for someone with Autism. It's very interesting, and even though I don't have the condition, I felt as if the author really got into the protagonist's (Caitlin's) head. I'll review it on "My Reads" this week :D.

Sunday was reaally busy...Okay, I woke up at 4 not being able to go back asleep for quite some time, because that day I planned to see Iron Man 3. I eventually did, though, and around 10:30 we went to the theater. Because of the trailers, the film ended around 1. It was pretty good-not as good as the first or Avengers, but thoroughly enjoyable. And the action scenes were awesome-not to mention it had some humor. The villain was awesome-seriously, he had the creepily, deliciously evil thing going on ;). While not as the first Iron Man, it was better than #2 and I'd probably give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. 
So anyways, we left the theater around 1 and ate at this Chinese restaurant ( it was near the theater). It was decent, considering I'm not one for Chinese food :p. Haha anyway, I got home around a quarter till 2, started doing chores and hanging out, watching the rainfall (it's so pretty<3)...just chilling on a weekend.
One of my brothers (Brad) just turned Teen Titans on Boomerang :). It's the Mad Mod episode-not my favorite but I like it :). I practically grew up with the show; I think I started watching it when it first aired (2003). Yeah, that's about right-I was 6 or 7 when I saw it :D. Ah, so many memories... 
Also, I was writing this blog post now :). Hehe, I sometimes write mine a week or so earlier than I post it-that's just how I roll 8) (if the emoticons worked on here, that'd be a cool smilie with shades :D)
In the afternoon (around 5), I left to take pictures for my recital-I love my costumes! Modern's my favorite (I have these STUPID cute cameo pants...I am so wearing them after recital :D) and this pretty tap dress. But...I got to modern late because I forgot a piece of my costume. Then I found out that they took the pictures early (I guess enough people were there except for me), and they only let me take an individual...
I was dissapointeed at first, but then I was angry. They took the pictures earlier even though everyone (me) wasn't there, and they didn't even call me or my Mom to let us know this! And it's not just me they're doing it with-they did it with some of the other students as well. One parent my Mom talked to (because her daughter was wearing the modern outfit I had on) was fuming, because her daughter had missed one of her pictures (because they took them really early-apparently enough people were there). But the teacher called some people to let them know they were doing pictures early (like my brother Manny), but not everyone. I'm really sorry if I sound negative, but I was really mad. But the other parent said something about taking group pictures during dress rehearsal, which my Mom agreed to do. And luckily (since tap was right after modern) I got group pictures. Not to mention now Mom doesn't have to pay so much for costumes. So in the end everything worked out okay.
Around 8 or so I went to my Dad's gig (he's in a band), but we showed up late due to pictures, so there was only an hour left of his playing-which wasn't bad, though. I'm glad I got to wear a nice dress-it was so cute :). Hehe, At the end we said goodbye to Dad and Manny (since he has his license) drove us home-Demi Lovato's "Heart Attack" played on the radio, and I started singing along :). That song is VERY catchy.
Once I got home (around 10) I started to change into my pajamas, but I couldn't take my dress off! The zipper was stuck! :P I have bad luck with zippers-they just don't seem to like me! Haha, so Manny and my younger sister (Amber) tried to unzip it but couldn't, and I was so frustrated but they finally got it off! Well, most of it-I had to force the zipper off (I think I sorta broke it-but that zipper was EVIL!) So I went to finish some chores, then went to bed after a long, overall enjoyable day :). I like busy days,  because so much happens! Plus they make great blog posts (although this one's a little too long XD)

Monday-Back to school-AAAH! Lol jk, but I did do math once I ate breakfast. But it's the last week of math-then I'm FREE! Summer's coming early for me, baby! XD But I do plan to do schoolwork in the summer-just schoolwork I choose, like possibly a language (I want to become bilingual) and business course...but no math! HAHAHAHAHAHAA! 
Well math didn't take that long :D-the lesson was REALLY easy, which is nice considering the stuff I had to go through three weeks ago! That math was hard! Okay, so when I was done, I started using the computer (I'm homeschooled) since I didn't have any other work to do :). I started writing in this blog post again (hehe ;D) and just sort of hung out...ah, freedom is the biggest joy in homeschooling :D.
I exercised around noon, and then I started hanging out and did some chores until around four-then I got dressed and ready for dance class. Around half-past four, we left for dance class-and, as I mentioned earlier-I waited for my class for an hour since my older siblings (Manny and Imani)'s class was only an hour before mine. 
Around 5 (I keep giving you the times. Hey, that rhymes! XD) I left for tap class. I don't want to sound sour, but this tap seems less advanced than my previous years in tap (I think I mentioned this in another post). I also don't feel as if we're (the class) are as in-sync as I would like to be-I hope the dance looks good in the recital. Sometimes I got annoyed when the instructors kept telling me to keep my lines strait and stay with everyone, but now I realize just how important that is and have come to appreciate it :). I think my tap dance will look fine, though; it's certainly fun to do :). And I like to take a positive outlook on something.
As I left the classroom and waited for Manny (he was teacher's assistant for a class that went on during tap, along with another girl), some girls in my class (they're like, in middle school or 5th grade, I think. Not that it matters, lol...) they started singing the "Shark Song", which apparently is a song. It was kind of weird...and funny at the same time. Ah, I love how entertaining my classmates can be XD. And when I got home, I got the song stuck in my head...lol!
The house was kind of a mess, though, so there was lots of cleaning that need to be done (although I don'r believe much of it got done :P). Let me tell you this first hand-I am a neat freak. I don't want to sound vain, but my room is almost always clean-none of the stuff that was on the floors was mine. I guess I could have cleaned it up-if we're moving (and I'm pretty sure we are), we have to make sure things get clean...okay, I have NO idea why I told you this...it's not important! :P 
So anyway, once that was all done and stuff, I used the computer-seriously, if it was my job to use the computer and learn more about the internet, I'd have truckloads of money XD-and pretty much continued the night on from thereon... 

Tuesday-Did more schoolwork (very easy-for once I'm kicking math's butt! XD). For lunch, I ate some delicious chicken wings that was made by my Mom-she's a lovely cook :D. 
Later that day (in the afternoon) I went to volunteer at the library. When I first went to sign in (every volunteer has to sign this sheet to log the hours and day they worked), I saw this jar full of life savers and a very nice poster above it saying it was a thank-you for the volunteers' work :). Sometime during my work, I got a couple of life savers-it said get one or two, so I got the maximum, as I always do with candy ;)- and just before Mom picked me up, I borrowed "Gathering Blue" from the library. Just in case you don't know, "Gathering Blue" (I think?) is a parallel novel to "The Giver". I liked the Giver very much, as it was very intriguing and thought-provoking, so I'd figure I'd read that novel, too. 
But I also wanted to pick up "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory", and then I saw all these biographies on Albert Einstein, Alexander Grande Bell, William Shakespeare...there are just WAY too many books to read in so little time! Especially for a bookworm like me! Hehe, anyway, so Mom picked me up around 4:20, then I got home and started working on this blog post again...I hope I'm not repetitive by talking about it, but it's one of my favorite ones :D. I admit, it is incredibly long (since so much happened on Sunday), but I loved how so much stuff has happened! Either that or I'm paying more attention to it. Yeah, maybe that's it.

Wednesday-Woke up, started doing math-it's funny, the review was actually harder than learning the new lesson :P. But I guess it's because it's been awhile since I've done my work, so I need to refresh my mind. I'm so glad this is the last lesson, in case I haven't already made that known :)
So anyway, when I was done, I ate lunch and exercised around noon...I don't want to brag, but I can lift two 12 (24) tons of weights...;) lol, anyway, afterwards I used my laptop and went to clean up the kitchen, but then Grandmother came over...let me tell you, I have the best grandmothers in the world :). She's so fun to hang around :). She occasionally comes to our house once a week, so we see her regularly.
I went outside (because it was nice and Meemaw-that's what I call my grandmother-was outside), and we started talking. Okay, I don't want to pull out negative (or less than happy feelings), but...I'm probably leaving my dance studio next year. It's hard for me-I've been dancing there for almost 5 years now, it was the first place I ever danced at, and I enjoy my peers-but, I just...the thing that happened on picture day, that wasn't the first thing that had happened at the studio that ticked me off (I won't go into detail about it). So I think, after a couple of years of this going on, I'll look at another studio. I don't want to sound ungrateful-I've honestly had lots of fun at my studio. Lots of good memories, good friendships, good dance routines...I guess it's just time for me to move on, if that makes sense.
So anyway, we started talking (Meemaw and Momma and Manny and some of my other siblings), and then she had to leave (she ALWAYS leaves early-I hate that! :P) But she started talking to Momma before leaving, and me and Manny stood out the door to block her ;). Hehe, we said our goodbyes as she left, and then I went inside (after talking again-we had a LOT of downtime that day) and started to clean up.
Later on, around 5, I left for modern dance class. Now I know I mentioned some less than desirable things that happened at dance this week, but that day's class was pretty fun! At the beginning the teacher (who's also the owner of the studio) had a card she said we could sign for another teacher who taught jazz at the studio-I signed it ;). The teacher's name is Joey, and he is one of the funniest, craziest people I've ever met. Although I'm not in jazz now, the main reason I took his class was because of him. I always got a good laugh from him. :D
Later one, we practiced the dance a couple of times (I love it :D), and then we started doing improve. I won't go into detail-especially since all of you aren't dancers-but it was soooo fun :). I love modern :D But I was hungry while I was dancing! So I wasn't doing my best-I was tired :P. Anyway, after an hour I left as Momma picked me up. 
When I got home, I started sorting the clothes...well, sort of...I started writing this blog post again...lol. Anyway, afterwards I went downstairs to eat dinner, ate an icecream sandwich for dessert (mmm...) and went to clean up. Later on, I started sorting the clothes (FINALLY got it done! Whew!) and then I saw ABC Family (via Facebook) post that The Princess Diaries was coming on at 8:30! I really enjoyed the film-I mean it wasn't the best but it was cute, and Anne Hathaway was great in it ;)-but I couldn't find the remote! Not to mention it wasn't clean upstairs :P
Okay, so afterwards I think I continued my day as usual...nothin' really special happened, I don't think. Not like Sunday (you see how LONG that post is? XD)

Thursday-Woke up around 8 (sooo late :P), and got dressed and ate breakfast. Later on, I did math, and soon after I was done ate lunch (Mom made some grilled chicken :D). Not that it matters, but I ate some hummus-I LOVE hummus! It's sooo good! Seriously, how can something so good be healthy? :D
Later on, I got on Facebook and discovered the cover for the last book in Divergent-Allegiant! (fan post coming up in 5, 4, 3, 2...) I don't understand why it shows water, but I guess I'll find out. Come on, Veronica, release the book now! I COMMAND YOU!!!
...okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way...I exercised and cleaned up the kitchen, then I went upstairs and hung out. Manny taught me some stage combat that he learned in jazz class, I think. It was really cool; the way you do it, it makes you look like you actually hit the person. Hehe, anyway, I started working on my post later on (again? XD) and then I listened to some music on Spotify.
Later on, I put some pizzas in the oven for dinner :D. Then I started reading "Gathering Blue". It doesn't seem as good as "The Giver", but so far it's pretty interesting. It's about this girl with a disability (one of her legs won't work I think, so she has to use a walking stick), but her society shuns anyone who's "imperfect". This is why I like dystopian novels...they make you think about society and compares it to ours today. It's lots of food-for-thought. 
Any who, back to other things. I started playing with Sage-she's sooo cute! I don't know if I have a picture of her on here (I'm pretty sure I do), but she's so freaking adorable...I love her so much<3.
Sometime later (around 6) The Princess Diaries came on ABC Family! After cleaning up I watched some of it, then one of my younger siblings changed the channel. Later on, I think, I started chatting with some friends online, while simultaneously looking up some fanfictions. I have to say, there are some really good writers out there-and I love when a fanfiction gets the characters right. It's like reading/watching the story :)
Okay, I realize this post is probably boring and got into some personal details many of you won't care to know XD...but a blog is like a diary, so it's sort of valid? Haha, but I just realized how much this could bore you...sorry if I did...Thursdays aren't as interesting to write in my blog posts since I have no extracurricular activities that day. Not that it's boring-I love everyday! :D

Friday-FRIDAY! I ALWAYS LOVE YOU! Haha, anyway, after breakfast I did my math test and got around 90%-YES! Once I finish the unit test and final exam, I'M DONE! I'll be math-free for the entire summertime! :D Afterwards, I started writing some on this blog post...AGAIN...and later on (after some internet surfing) I read some more of "Gathering Blue." 
Later on, I got on the computer again and started reading this reaaaallly good Star Wars fanfiction. Seriously, it was so good I had to force myself to stop reading it when I went to clean up! :) It's just...the writing, the characters...they're getting it all right. I swear, I think they could send the story to the writers-it's SO good.
Well, obviously I can't post more on my Friday post since I'm publishing it on a Friday (I've got to figure that out :P) but I'm sure nothing too special will happen.

And that's my EXTREMELY long recap of the week! :D SO MUCH happened on Sunday-which is probably what made it so long! You can skip through some things if you'd like-I'm sure there's some boring stuff in there, haha :P-but I really do enjoy logging what's happening in my life. Blogs are really like diaries...except it's a public diary, I guess.

Well, that's all for now. See you guys next week! (Oh, and I must thank my readers for giving me 880+ pageviews! I almost have 900! :D)


No comments:

Post a Comment