Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend...Sort Of

Hey y'all! I decided not to post what happened each and every day of the week as I had done lately, because I realized how boring and redundant it may seem. So I'm just going to summarize what has happened this week!

Things have settled down since the move...we've unpacked everything we needed. However, I think there are like, two or three boxes left, and Momma said it was just some stuff she needed to go through (I think...) So I have nothing left to unpack! YAAAY!

On Monday, I completed my final exam for math. My score wasn't that high...but all the problems were worth different points. So I'm going to go through them with Momma sometime this week. Once that is over I am OFFICIALLY done with school for the summer! :D Of course I've got to take that *shudders* CAT Test (in North Carolina every homeschooler is required to take a standardized test to prove what they have been learning...although technically someone could have lied). But I am done with my schoolwork at least :)

Because I finished math, I haven't been doing any work this week (that and because of the move). I don't want to do nothing, though, so next week I'm thinking about taking some free online courses of some random subjects-Spanish, possibly, art, maybe a writing course...just something to get me doing some work over the summer, you know? I know the kids in school don't do this, but I want to do some work. I feel lazy doing none, plus adults still work through the summer.

But even though I haven't been doing work lately, I have been doing some fun things. Sometime this week I started making these pocket purses...they are SOOO fun to make, I've become obsessed!!! All you do is cut out a pocket of old jeans (but don't cut out the seam or it'll come apart!), and then you sew a strap of some kind (an belt, sash, etc.) It'll be easier if I just showed the photos, so here are a few of them:

This one's my favorite :)
My second favorite :)

This one's kinda blurry :P


What else have I done this week? Oh, I know one thing-I may be getting obsessed with Star Wars again. I read these STUPID good fanfictions on Fanfiction.net...seriously, they are SO good! I realized that (at least in the prequels) the series questions human morals...well, I don't want to get TOO in-depth in it-I'll save that for my nerd blog ;)-but basically I find Star Wars not just enjoyable, but also full of rich messages, if that makes any sense.

On Tuesday, I borrowed "Shiver" from the library. It's about this werewolf and human girl falling in love, but the thing is the werewolf always changes into a wolf during the cold weather, and soon he won't keep switching back-he'll be a wolf forever...It sounds Twilight-esque, but I personally find it better than Twilight (no offense to Twihards!) The main characters aren't as obsessed with each other as Bella and Edward, and the girl (Grace) isn't talking about how perfect her boyfriend (Sam) is. She doesn't seem as helpless as Bella either. Plus, the writing is just so beautiful...I'm going to review it on "My Reads", but I'm pretty sure I'll give it four stars out of five ;)

Another thing I've been doing this week (which will be extended to other weeks) has been searching for new dance studios. I don't know why, but at first I thought, "This'll be easy!" I couldn't have been more wrong :P. It's really hard to find a studio I like-one that's relaxed enough but also has all of the dancing styles I want to do. Momma says I may have to go to more than one dance studio, which wouldn't be TOO bad unless the recitals are on the same day...I don't know-I'll just have to keep searching!

I also want to join a homeschool group. For those of you who don't know, homeschooling groups are support groups, and usually the groups has fun activities (like prom!) and get-togethers. I mainly want to go so I can socialize and go to prom-I hate to admit it, but I REALLY want to go to prom to get dressed up! :) I'm already apart of a homeschooling group, but they just send newsletters and stuff going on in the community-it's still nice, but not necessary what I'm looking for.

Okay, well I think that's it. I WANNA write more, but I think I'm pretty much summarized what's been going on. Until next week, my amigos.

Bye! (Oh, and I almost forgot-thank you SO much for giving me 1000+ page views! I am SO happy people are enjoying my little blog! :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment