Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Best Harry Potter Characters

As you may know (or not), I am obsessed with Harry Potter. One of the best things about the series, besides its spectacular storyline, are the characters. Today, I decided I would list my absolute favorites--although, quite honesty, I like most of them :)

Sirius Black
Sirius may vert well be my favorite HP character. I just love how much he cares about Harry, and he just seems to carry an overall aura of coolness. He's headstrong, too, but it comes in handy when he needs to be so. And his recklessness, while foolish, is admittedly exciting to me. What I love most about him may be his relationship with Harry; its just so touching. He's somewhat of an adult figure/brother to him (almost like the fun but caring uncle type).

Albus Dumbledore
I love Dumbledore. He's just so caring and kind to his students. He also has a lot of wisdom, which I really appreciate. I have to admit that my opinion did change on him after "The Deathly Hallows", but I still like him. I don't like what he did, but he is human. And I honestly think he was sorry for his mistakes. It just shows that he's human, and I like that. And I love how he admits that he is not perfect. That, in my eyes, is a very admirable thing.

Luna Lovegood 
I love Luna because she's not afraid of being herself. She's very peculiar and downright weird at times, but she's confident of herself. She doesn't try to change for other people, and I love that. I also love how she could care less what people think of her, and, if she does. she choses to ignore them. Her faith in Harry is also pretty admirable, and she's just so kind to everyone around her, even when they're mean to her.

Fred And George Weasley
Who couldn't love the twins? I love how fun-loving they are, and their mischievousness is awesome. They never grow out of it, either, which is just awesome. I was crushed with Fred was killed in "The Deathly Hallows"-you can't separate a pair! But I treasure all the moments we had with them. They were some of the best comic relief I've ever experienced. Ever.

Hermione Granger 
Hermione may annoy some people (and she has annoyed me on occasion), but I don't understand how anyone can't like her. I love how she uses logic to think things straight instead of just jumping to conclusions. I also love how she didn't want to get into trouble unless she needed to, which I can't say for Harry or Ron unfortunately (they really should have listened to her more often). She's also a perfectionist and has her own insecurities, so I related to her pretty well. And she punched Draco Malfoy. Yeah, I love Hermione.

Ginny Weasley 
I don't like how the book seems to make a big deal of how great Ginny is, but otherwise I like her pretty well (mainly as the books progressed, because she was more mature). I like her stubbornness and love how she stands up to Harry when needed (especially whenever others are too afraid to). She keeps his head on straight. I wish relationship with Harry was developed more (they don't spend a lot of time together), because I love their pairing.

Bellatrix Lestrange
At first I HATED Bellatrix because she killed Sirius in "Order Of The Phoenix", but I love her character's evilness. She's just so crazy that's it's awesome. I love her craziness and evilness; sometimes you just need an awesome evil character, you know? And Bellatrix is just that.

So yeah, I narrowed it down to *seven* favorite characters. Honestly, I have more memorable opponents, such as Molly Weasley, Lord Voldemort, Severus Snape, and Minerva McGonagall, and there are even others who grew on me overtime (Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, etc.) And some (Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks) I liked at the beginning but they seemed to change overtime (I think because of the war-still, I missed their old selves.) But these are probably my top ons.

No comments:

Post a Comment