Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Birthdays, Dance, And More


I was out pretty much all day Saturday. Dad had us leave around 10am for breakfast, and then we stayed out all afternoon doing stuff: bookstores, movies, lunch...This is a pretty vague answer, of course, so I'll break them down into separate paragraphs:

First we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. You see, I'm one of those people who doesn't like most breakfast food--I mean, I like pancakes and waffles, but I can't stand scrambled eggs (I can tolerate boiled ones but don't particularly like them), I don't really like grits, I don't like French toast, etc. But I got pancakes and fruit there, so I'm glad I found something I liked :)

Later on we went to the bookstore, and oh. My. Gosh. I am just like, obsessed with books. Seriously. I saw the Legend Trilogy there, but, of course, I didn't need it at the time because I found "Prodigy" and "Champion" at the library (whohoo! :D), but they had these books on Greek mythology, another one of my obsessions. I didn't know what to get, and I was in the middle of reading "Prodigy", so I just didn't get anything. But once I'm done with the Legend series I may look into those Greek myths :)

Then, after that, we went to Red Robin for lunch :D I LOVE Red Robin. Seriously, they have some of the best food there...their burgers are especially good. Oh, and they have bottomless fries...(I can literally envision the food right now...ah :O). Hehe, anyway, I ordered a caesar salad wrap to be healthier, and it was SO GOOD! And there were fries, too, so...okay, now I wish I had the food again right now! :D

Finally, I watched "The Lego Movie" because my brother wanted to, and it was pretty awesome! It was hilarious and even though the story was typical Believe-In-Yourself, it was done in a way that was engaging. Plus, they didn't take themselves too seriously most of the time, so that made it better. Overall it was pretty darn good and I wouldn't mind seeing the sequel :)

I had a blast roleplaying with my friend, Sarah, and her friends on Sunday. You see, Sarah revived an old blog and turned it into an ultimate fan hangout area. Once a week we plan to roleplay. Last week I was Loki and Darth Vader and, well, let's just say it involved the Doctors and TARDIS from Doctor Who, and Kingdom Heart Characters :P hehe, I love my random friends :)

So Manny's birthday was Monday! He turned 20! I can't believe he's already an adult :O We didn't do a ton, but we still had fun. I gave Manny a gift card for iTunes, my parents gave him some stuff, and we ate at Texas Roadhouse Tuesday--it was delicious! :) 

We did more improv at dance class Monday ^_^ I'm always incredibly nervous when I have people watching me in class, but I'm getting myself to relax. Letting go and losing myself in dance is such a wonderful feeling. I know it may sound cliche, but it's the truth. You can lose yourself in music, and in dance...it's like your body's response to it. That's how I feel, at least :)

Switched At Birth was kind of weird last week...it was kind of like a dance or musical, because, while the main story was series, they had moments where characters would randomly dance. It just felt out-of-place and, I don't know, weird :/ But whatever, it was still watchable...

Agents of Shield was a little better last week. A little. It had me on the edge of my seat when I was wondering how they'd cure Skye. They should do more episodes like this--have them connecting the story lines together instead of having episodes that could be totally separate from them. The ending was confusing, but at least it's got me asking some questions.

Meemaw came over Wednesday and we got cookie cake (YUM!!!) for Manny and Sage's birthday (Sage's birthday wasn't until the 8 so it was an early birthday gift). And Daddy got Manny a Playstation, which he seems to enjoy :) I feel like we've got every game system there is--we have a Wii, an Xbox, some DS's, and now a Playstation. We're very game-savvy, haha ;) 

I finished Prodigy Thursday, and I must say that it was really good! I think I liked Legend slightly better, mainly because the romantic drama in this one annoyed me, and in the entire series the characters seem too powerful for their own good at times, but the plot was stellar, and I loved the whole "Who can I trust?" thing June and Day had going on. Marie Lu did a great job on this one. 

Speaking of Prodigy, anyone who read my post last week will know that I said I saw Champion at the library as well. Well, I thought to myself last week, "Well, I'll just check out Prodigy now and hopefully Champion will be here when I volunteer next week." WRONG. It wasn't there Thursday. I regret not checking it out when I had the time. I mean, I could have a book for three weeks, so I wouldn't let it out of my sight! Ugh, well, at least I know not to do it next time😛


So instead, I checked out way too many Star Wars Expanded Universe novels. I want to read them and I want to be reading something every week or so. Even though there are a lot, at least I have three weeks to keep it INSTEAD OF SOMEONE ELSE TAKING IT WHILE I'M NOT THERE😛 Like seriously, though, I learned my lesson with Legend to use my full three weeks to an advantage😛

I voted on the Kids' Choice Awards the same day. I wonder if I'm getting too old for the KCAS, since I'll be 17 when it airs? Lol, jk. But seriously, I still enjoy them. Tjhey were the first award shows I watched (I mean, I saw the MTV awards last year, and I wanted to watch the Oscars but never got to watching it). I think the one in 2009 was my favorite--they've cut down on the sliming (boohoo :P), but last year's one was better than the one before that (at least I think so..lol :P)

This really sucks, but I've run into writer's block Friday and pretty much all week with Lizard-Man :P It's not that I'm not reading enough, but the books I'm reading aren't going to give me ideas for a superhero story. I just finished a dystopian novel (Prodigy) and the other books I have are Star Wars novels, so all they're doing is helping fuel my obsession and giving me fanfic ideas. Which isn't a bad thing, but I also want to be moving along with Lizard-Man :/ Ah, well, maybe I'll watch some reruns of my favorite superhero movies/shows and see if I can get any ideas from there. At least I'm getting more Star Wars ideas :D

Speaking of which, I saw that they had The Clone Wars series on Netflix. I used to have a preconceived notion of hatred for the series, because it seemed to contradict the movies. However, once I realized that they have different writers from the filmmakers and it wasn't considered main canon (not to mention I *matured* lol :P), I started enjoying the series :) They have some cool, complex plot lines that deal with political stuff and human nature  which I always enjoy ;) Haha, and the episode I watched was kind of dark, but I love the whole "dark side vs. light side" conflict that exists in the Star Wars universe. It makes it all the more interesting :D

Anyway, enough blabbing on and on about Star Wars--let's get back to my writing. I saw the winners for Figment's FigmentPowers contest. At first I was super excited, but, unfortunately, I didn't win :( But it's all good! One of the girls who had an awesome story one, so I'm happy for her. And I want to congratulate all the winners instead of acting bitter--true, I would have liked to have won, but you can't have everything, and I'm glad they have the excitement of winning. On the plus side, I may have the chance of winning Figment's FigmentInLove contest entry--I saw it on the Editor's Choice area in one of my emails, so that gives me hope!!! :D

Well, that's it for this week. Today is my little sister Sage's birthday--I can't believe she's already three!!! I remember when she couldn't talk :O Haha, well, she's too young to tell us what she wants, of course, but she uses the iPads enough that she may want a game on it or something (yes, my little sister is probably more efficient in the iPad use than I am. Kids these days, growing up with iPads, whereas when I was young...lol, just kidding ;) And I may not watch MLP today--I don't want to kick anyone off the game to do so, and the show is just okay so that I wouldn't mind missing it :P But it's all good! I may watch some episodes on Youtube or something :) Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment