Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

More March Stuff


Like the writing quote? It's from the lovely Figment website. They had a whole section dedicated to writing quotes. Some of them were just so amazing that I had to post them on Tumblr. Oh, how I love Figment and writing in general :) Anyway...

Momma's birthday was Sunday :) So Daddy got her some really tasty snacks--chips, chocolate, etc.--and she shared them with us :D That's all I want for my birthday: snacks and an iTunes gift card! XD Oh, and tickets to see Divergent, which I will probably see Saturday :) Hana couldn't come, unfortunately--she was busy--but I wouldn't mind going alone. Or I could invite someone else. It's all good! ;)

I have to admit that Sunday's episode of "Once Upon A Time" was slightly better than most of the first half of season 3. It's nice to see the characters back in the Enchanted Forest (and have Megan Orey back, even if Ruby's only in a few episodes). But I don't like how they're trying to connect everything together. Zelena/Wicked Witch of the West is Regina's sister. I have to admit that I saw it coming, but still...it's like when they made Peter Pan Rumple's dad. Speaking of Rumple, he's alive--albeit crazy. I knew he wasn't dead, but now he's back in imp form. Ah, well, I guess I'll have to wait next week to see what happens. By the way, Rpaunzel's gonna be on! This is going to be cool--I always love meeting new fairytale characters :)

We did more improv Monday, and I have to say that I liked both it and the dance we did :) I just wish I would let myself go more in improv. I'm always nervous that my classmates and teachers are judging me, but I'm gonna shush that part of my brain because I don't know what they're thinking. And I love dancing :)

Switched At Birth really needs to cut down on the romantic drama. I don't want Bay and Tank together--they're just better as friends, and I just don't see it working. I knew Toby and Nikki were going to break up with the whole long-distance relationship thing. And then Daphne and Campbell are okay, but I miss Wilkey :( But the promo for next week...omg. I hate how SAB always mixes up clips to make it look more dramatic, but it always pulls me in.

My brother Alston's birthday was Tuesday! :) He got some plus Marvel toys, plus a $50 Xbox gift card to buy The Lego Movie game (which I will be happy to play :) But for some reason, it takes forever to load to

I did a little better on Lizard-Man this week (or at least one day...I barely wrote a thing Wednesday...) Sometimes I get hit with these random ideas and my fingers start typing faster than my brain is processing what I'm writing. I do so love when that happens :D If only I could feel like that all the time...stupid writer's block :P

Speaking of writing, I know I said this a little while ago, but I think I finally have a chance of winning in a writing contest! :D It's just that the FigmentInLove contest had an Editor's Pick section and my story was one of them! :O And when I look at "Most hearted", mine was on the second row!!! And I've gotten more people saying they like it than my other stories! Do you know how happy I'll be if I win? I've never won a contest before. Not that I entered just to win, of course that was part of the fun, but if I win...I'll be so happy. And since people seem to like this story better than my others, I've got to figure out what I've done in this one and apply it to my other stories :)

That reminds me - Movellas got too many contests going on for me to keep up with! :O Seriously, though, I have two contest entries going on right now, neither of them finished (the first one's first draft is, but not the second), and I've still got the first draft of the other story's chapters. But I do so love entering in contests. Also, since I don't have the brain power to come up with a completely different story idea, I'm pulling out old ideas I've had but never finished ;)

I finished Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy Tuesday, and I have to say that it was...okay. It wasnt one of the best book I've ever read, but I didn't dislike it. It was funny at some parts, like when the protagonist, Cammie, would casually remark about how her school for spy girls normally hacked into CIA stuff and such ;), and I'm glad the descriptions weren't too wordy, but that was it for me. It was just a light read. Nothing really serious happen, which is fine, but at the same time I wanted more of an epic story (ala Harry Potter). Also, the boy drama stuff isn't horrible, but sometimes the whole"OMG boys are SO hot! How do I talk to them?" bit is kind of off-putting. But at least I kind of liked it.

I'll probably read The Lost Hero next. I don't like how long it is - I know I read Harry Potter, which had a book that was over 700 words long, but it was Harry Potter  ;) Haha, but seriously, Heroes of Olympus is entertaining, but it's not as great as Harry Potter for me, so I don't want to read its length. But it still is interesting, I love Greek mythology, and, until I get my hands on Champion and some EU books (I MUST have them!), then this is the best thing I can read :)

Meemaw came over Wednesday and did a birthday thing for all March people (mine isn't until the 26, but she might not be there and wanted to do it for all of us). So we had some delicious cookie cake (yum!) and I got a $25 iTunes gift from her, which is seriously awesome! I just need about twenty more of those to buy all the albums I want...lol ;)

Well, that's it for this week. My Little Pony's scheduled to come on as usual, and it's a lovely weekend :) But what's even more exciting is that I GET TO SEE DIVERGENT TODAY!!! :D I couldn't go yesterday because Mom was invited to a friend's wedding in the evening and I can't drive :P haha, anyway, I stayed away from reviews and now I'm nervous as to how good it'll be. Oh, well, I guess I'll see later on today! ;) Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment