Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

May Is Here!


Photo is courtesy of my good friend, Sarah Demens. Where she got it from I have no idea, but I love the quote. A quote about writing AND Alice In Wonderland? Folks, it can't get much better than that ;) Haha, anyway, on to this post...

I liked My Little Pony this week, but I still feel like it's missing the umph from season 1 and 2. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too hard of a critic :/ Seriously, though, I still love MLP, but I find it entertaining, but a bit mildly, and not as engaging as season 1-2. I don't know why, but I feel like most shows jump the shark after the past seasons. But maybe I'm being too harsh. I don't know. I usually rate things as "okay" as opposed to "love it" or "hate it", though, so I think I'm pretty neutral when it comes to entertainment. Or indecisive, I suppose. Anyway...

I really enjoyed Once Upon A Time last Sunday! Regina's character development is AWESOME. She actually cried for Snow White and Charming at one point. The freaking Evil Queen felt sympathy for Snow White and Prince Charming. But she can also be cynical, in a funny way ;) Seriously, I love her now :) And though I was here-nor-there with Robin Hood, I'm glad Regina is finally allowing herself to love again. Aw<3 And Henry finally remembers! Yes! I feel like he's wasted space sometimes, to be honest. He just doesn't do much, that's all :/ And Zelena is really irritating me! STOP TAKING AWAY PEOPLE'S HAPPINESS, WOMAN!!! But seriously, she's annoying and I wish she'd just go away. Go hang out with Peter Pan in the Stop-Ruining-People's-Lives corner :/ Lol, I can't believe the season finale is coming up! It's been a sort of rough ride, but now I'm going to miss it! :p lol!

I didn't know my old contemporary teacher wasn't going to be here Monday :/ I knew she was leaving but I didn't know it was on that day :P No one else but my sister Imani and a lady working at the dance studio were there (besides the teacher, of course). The new teach was really good but she made it really difficult in dance class XD lol. I don't know if I'm going to do the summer stuff. I liked my semester here well enough, but it's more of a "drop-in/drop-out" situation and I was hoping for a place to form closer friendships. Ah, well, at least I didn't come across any drama (yet!) And I did meet some cool people there who I found/friended through Facebook :)

Manny got off class Thursday and will go back Monday, then he's done!!! And I only have about two weeks left of school, so I'll finish in mid-May--which is AWESOME!!! Of course, as a homeschooler in my area, I have to do that darned C.A.T. test, plus I'm taking some courses over the summer, but I'm DONE WITH MATH!!! MWAHAHAH!!! Lol, I'm a little excited ;)

Speaking of bumpy rides, Agents of Shield is just...wow. The Winter Soilder did a LOT for that show. Like seriously, the episode where Ward went all Hydra on us was the best episode to date of the series. And the past two ones were pretty good and I enjoyed them more than the past ones. I can't believe it's going to end season one after the episode after next week's episode :/  Last Tuesday's episode continued to impress me. GAH, WHY DID THEY WAIT SO LONG TO ENGAGE ME???!!! AND WHY IS IT ENDING SO SOON??? :/ lol

My grandma came over Thursday! :) We started talking and playing games (the game where you stat ever sentence according to the order of the letter of the alphabet-I forget its name :P, truth or dare, and others I can't remember :P lol). Eventually "I dare you to sing" turned into a whole game of playing music and having one person singing it. So yeah, we had loads of fun :D

I've discovered that I really don't like editing. Most of it, anyway :P But I want to do it with the second draft of Lizard-Man because I want to polish my stories, and I can't do that if I'm constantly writing new ones. So I'm setting myself a time limit. No distractions, wiring straight for 10-20 minutes or so. It worked really well Thursday, but I let myself get distracted Friday :P But I will do it! I'm determined to get this story done :)

I'm thinking of spending the summer (aside from some extra school work, of course), doing more DYI upcycled projects, but also trying to make money off of them. My family keeps saying that it would be awesome if I could and I want to figure out a way to. I live in a city where tourists bring in most of the money (we've got the beach, baby! ;), so whenever summer comes rolling around, we'll try to figure out how to sell stuff. It could be fun and be my first experience possibly owning a business :)

I don't know if I mentioned my online friends from HomeschoolBlogger to you guys, but if not it's probably because I haven't talked to them in forever since the site shut down :/ But on Wednesday, they had a chat group for the HSB group on Facebook, and I ended up chatting with people I hadn't talked to in months!!! It was awesome :D I got a little addicted and talked till 11 one day :P lol, but that just means I like talking to them :) Anyway, I'll get on every now and then to see who's on. It's really cool. Someone was talking about Skype-ing or doing Google hangouts so we could actually see each other, which would be awesome. I love my friends so much :)

Well, that's it for the week. Today is Sarah's birthday!!! :D I wrote an incredibly long message on her Facebook wall XD But it was to tell her how much I loved her and appreciated having her in my life :3 I am probably an introvert and don't call many people my best friend, but with Sarah, I have too say that she's at least one of them :) Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment