Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

School And Work

Hey, guys! You know how lately I said I haven't had much to write? Well, that's about to change today! I actually had a fairly busy week, which is awesome. I know one of the sucky things about depression is that you don't feel like doing anything, but lately I've been feeling better so I've been getting more involved in things I want to do. Yay! :)

So during this week, I signed up to take the accuplacer at the local community college. I had some things they needed to identify me (birth certificate and social security number) except a picture ID. I don't have my driver's license or anything like that yet so it took us awhile to figure out what the heck we were supposed to do xD

First, we tried to go to the bank, because my mom said they did IDs. But the got rid of the cameras, so of course we couldn't do that. And I had scheduled to take the test only TWO days when I had signed up, so we didn't have a lot of time.

Then we found out the DMV could do it, but we needed proof of my residency, which I didn't have, but we just had to pay 2 extra bucks to do it. So I went down there and the people there were really nice. I also found out that I could register to vote and donate my organs, so I did that :) And I like the way they measure height SO much better than at the doctor's office! I was only 5'7 and a half at the doctor's office: here I was just under 5'10, which sounds MUCH more like my height. The guy I was talking to measured me because he didn't think I was that short, so yeah. I had a nice experience there :) And of course I got my picture taken. I made sure to look fancied up for it xD

But they will send me my ID in the mail, which was unfortunate because I needed it VERY soon, of course. But I forgot to mention my mom that a school ID would work - I swear, I thought it only applied to public schoolers :P So anyway, she printed an ID for me and had it laminated? I think that's what it's called.

So yeah, then I got to take the test Thursday! It was really long (about 3 hours) but I understood a good portion of it. The proctor there was very nice and helpful. What's so cool about college was that I finished a little earlier than the allotted time (which was about four and a half hours) so I could leave. Man, I love college xD

I got my results in, and I passed some, but I'll have to take a developmental course because I missed some things on English and only TWO things in math! I'm so happy. Math isn't my favorite subject and it's challenging, but I did a little studying beforehand, which I'm sure helped :) But my mom said I could take the test again (only twice in one year) so I can see if I won't have to take the developmental courses. So I'll take it again next week, but this time I'm studying for both math AND English. I prefer English but it's so subjective, which made it harder. Math is just straightforward - either you have a right problem or a wrong one. But it works out, because even if I have to take the English developmental courses that don't count, I'll enjoy it more than I would math :)

So that concludes the school portion! As for the work part, well, I have some big news...I applied for a job at Red Robin for this summer!!! :) I searched through this website to find places in my area, and the job of a hostess was available there. I love Red Robin's food so I thought I wouldn't mind working there. I don't know if they're going to email me or call me or not but I'm still waiting for a response (though I did just send it out Thursday, so I don't expect any response RIGHT away)

And that's what's been happening this week! It's been pretty fun, though hectic. I was exhausted Thursday, between applying for a job and taking a test. But it was worth it. I had a lot of fun. Being an adult isn't so scary. I mean, you get to do cool things like this :)

See you guys later!

2 comments:

  1. Eee! Sounds like you and I have had a similar week/month, hehe! :) I hope you get the job! xx

    ReplyDelete