Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Ending

Okay, here's what's been happening this week!

I made some flip-flops on Saturday OUT OF DUCKTAPE!!! I was so excited and probably giggled like a crazy person, lol. I made my first one on Friday, I believe, but the second ones (predictably) turned out better. But I still love them to death, because guess what? I needed flip-flops and now I created my own!!! And all it took was a couple of dollars of ducttape and some old Bojangos cardboard (I'm serious!)

I spent the weekend rather lazily, which I don't really mind since it's...well, the weekend. I was going to watch "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" Friday or Saturday but never got to it. I remember the film pretty well and-even though it wasn't the greatest Disney movie ever-it seemed a bit overrated from what I remember of it. It was a fun adventure film-yeah, it wasn't typical Disney fashion, but neither was "Lil and Stitch" or "The Emperor's New Groove" (another underrated film).

Monday wasn't too special..I'm just reminded of how it's almost August and school will start back again (NOOOOO!!!!) I don't want summer to go away from me-it was so nice. But then again, as I said on my last post, I will start dancing again and that will be fantastic!

Anyway, on Monday I decided to read "The Alchemyst"; I had gotten the book at a very good price at our library's annual book sale, but never got the chance to read it. It's pretty interesting and had me hooked near the very beginning. Unfortunately I can't say the same about "Incarceron", another book I got from the book sale that is just too confusing for me to enjoy right now-at least the beginning is. I don't know what's going on!

The new Switched At Birth episode came on that day. It was about boy drama (boohoo :P) but it was more interesting than I thought it would be. But the next promo looks like more romantic drama. I wish the show focused on the family stuff more-it's more interesting. And while we're on the subject of television, remember that episode of Lab Rats I was excited for? Turns out it's NEXT WEEK. Next. Week. Seriously, they're gonna make me wait for it?

I went to the library on Tuesday and found out that the person in charge of the volunteers was transferred to another library :(. I didn't see her all the time, but I was fond of her so I'm kinda sad that she left. They have someone knew, I think, but I haven't met her yet. After I volunteered I borrowed "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory" and some Star Wars visual guide book :0)

Wednesday was my sister, Imani's 18th birthday :). And on a sidenote, it was also J.K. Rowling's birthday! She's my favorite author in the entire world. Ever. I have never met an author who could make sequels just as good, on the same level, or possibly BETTER than the first one.

My grandma also came to our house that day to celebrate Imani's birthday :). She brought us a cookie cake like she does for most of our birthdays. I would post a picture but I'm 99% sure the cake is gone now...lol. So anyway, we talked and played a game of charades afterwards, and by the evening or late afternoon she left and we said our goodbyes.

Not much happened on Thursday, except that it was the first day of August. Which just reminded me of how I'm starting school in a few weeks-NOOOOOOOO! (Okay, I'm done now). I'm gonna miss my summer; I'm gonna miss my freedom, the days where I could just get up and do whatever the heck I wanted. I have chores, yes, but there's no schoolwork. It was as much freedom as I could have, and now it's gone :(

But anyway, I'll stop complaining...school starting back also means return of my extracurricular activities! I really want to start dancing again, which I will sometime this month! I'm thinking of taking tap and jazz and a lyrical or modern class, or maybe just two classes if I can't do three. Some of my classmates from my old studio were hoping we could get together and find a jazz class we could all take to stay in touch on Mondays, but I couldn't find one :P. At least we're friends on Facebook so I can see what's going on in their lives.

I'm also considering adding more extracurricular activities, but I'm not sure exactly what else I want to do. I have considered volunteering somewhere else, but I really don't know where. I would love to be apart of something that really made a difference, like some anti-bullying organization or whatever, but I'm not sure if it would be something I'd do weekly or not. And I'm also looking to join a homeschool group and see if the one I'm already apart of has any interesting events going on (it's a newsletter group so it regularly posts about activities around the community. And maybe I could get a job. I need money XD

But anyway...it's Friday now and all that stuff is in the future! Let's just enjoy summer now, shall we? I really really really want to do something other than volunteering at the library, but I'm not gonna worry about schoolwork as of now. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy what's left of my ultimate freedom. Living in the moment, you know? Cause I'm chill like that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment