Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reflecting On Things



I didn’t feel like anything really interesting happened this week, so I forgot to log some stuff down, but I thought of posting some of my thoughts that continue with the whole “A Very Special Post” post. Yeah, I know. Some deep stuff. But I’m in the mood, and I’ve had some insights since that moment that I’d like to share with you all :) Actually, now I've got some more stuff to write down, but I'm going to add this in, anyway! ;)

For the past week, I’ve been thinking over something Demi Lovato had written in her book about her personal struggles, Stay Strong (which is a really good book from my preview! :) I want to buy the book, but, you know, need 'money' xD Lol. Anyway...

She mentioned how she had to learn to change her perspective on life during her depression. I think that that is wonderful advice. So much of life - in fact, ALL of it - depends on our point of view. We can be extremely wealthy, poor, middle-class, popular among certain people, unpopular among others, etc., but our perception on things really affect the situation. 

For example: I was pretty mad at my mom last week (and I still am, to an extent) about something. In my head head I had thought of all of these accusations at her. It might sound like annoying teenage whining, and maybe it is, but that’s how I felt.

And there were times (though I tried to push it back) that I thought of what Demi said in the back of my mind: about how our perception on the world shapes it. I looked at the situation negatively; that I didn’t get to do something that I wanted to do, that I was feeling restricted, that I was mad at my mom for not understanding why I wanted to go out, etc.

But what if I had changed that thought? What if, instead, I had thought, “Wow, I’m so thankful that my mom suggested me volunteering at the library in the first place. I really enjoy it!” or, “I remember the time she let me go to another event at the library that I really enjoyed!” or how she had mostly gotten me out during the school semester (our summer schedule is obviously more flexible).

And then I feel guilty, but that’s good, in a way; I don’t want to take advantage of my life. I want to appreciate the things that I have. Not just on Thanksgiving, but all year round.

I must admit that negative thoughts come to me quicker than positive ones. I don’t know if that’s a teenage thing or if it’s because I’ve been depressed for so long (or maybe even have depression), but whatever it is, I’m going to change that. I used to fall victim of all my thoughts, mostly the unpleasant ones, but I’m starting to change that now. I am in control of my thoughts, no matter how it may seem.

Switched At Birth wasn’t as good this week, but I still enjoyed it. But ugh! I HATED how Bay cheated on Tank with Emmet! After all that complaining she did to Tank about Emmet & Ty cheating (or lying about cheating) on her, she cheats on Tank with EMMET, of all people??? WHAT the heck? I felt like they made her OOC because they needed a plot (kind of like Katheryn’s book thing, which I don’t think really fits in with the story). Oh, well…poor Tank.

Oh, and speaking of that—really, Matthew? Really? Okay, I got the feeling that they were making him into Emmet after all the creepy stalkerish photos. BUT YOU DO NOT BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF SOMEONE AND BULLY THEM WHEN YOU LOVE THEM!!! That makes NO sense! I mean, what kind of sick person DOES that? Matthew has some SERIOUS, and I mean SERIOUS issues…tsk…tsk.

Regina, just quit your job, please. Wes is a complete *censored* and your neighbors are jerks, throwing flipping bricks at your window!!! And stalking you! (That was REALLY creepy, especially since I was watching it at night O_O) But I’m glad Angelo’s getting involved; he’s starting to feel part of the family. And he’s learning how to sign, which is awesome :)

I don’t really care about Daphne’s storyline, to be honest. As others have said, she flips from one boy to the next. It gets really annoying. And I don’t really care about Campbell. I mean he can be sweet, but if he’s gone I won’t really care. Oh, well, at least Daphne’s tolerable again, and at least Campbell isn’t Jace *shivers*

Ooh, speaking of Monday, Mom picked up The Fault In Our Stars at the library for me!!! I just finished it yesterday, and, well, I didn't think I should write an exclamation point at the end because the book kind of just left me with a lot to think about. While it's not in my favorite genre, the book was really good. So many great quotes and insights I've gotten on - not just on cancer or death, but myself. Deep, I know :) But I did say this post was going to be kind of deep, right? :)

The next book I'm going to read (probably today) is "Mary, Bloody Mary" by Caroline Meyer in her "Young Royals" series (which are all about the Tudor family - my obsession). I'm sure they're gonna have to tone it down for the YA audience (she wasn't called 'Bloody Mary' for no reason...), but I think they're going to get the basic premise of Mary and her ruthless killings. Gosh, the Tudors are just so interesting - they're my guilty pleasure.

I also got two books on money :) I guess, since I'm getting older now and nearly an adult (I don't wanna be 18 next year!), I'm getting interested in learning about money. Plus, you know, I do want to make money. There are a dozen songs I'd like to buy, as well as some books. And these books look to take the stress out of money, which is nice! I'm also listening to an audiobook on money ("Divine Compensation" by Marianne Williamson, but I didn't get it from the library and bought it), so hopefully they'll all teach me how to make/save money without making it so stressful :)

I think I've finally narrowed down what I want to do for NaNoWriMo this year!!! My Hyper-Monkey story, the first one, "Blast To The Past". I can actually see myself editing it because I've had some ideas for revision for months now :D And I keep deciding between screenplay/novel format, but you know what? I'm gonna do both! Like, I'll have the screenplay that I hopefully (if the universe wills it) will get made into a TV show/movie (yay!), and then I'll have the novelization of it :)

If I can get the ideas, I might do Lizard-Man...I know that I need inspirations. Reading is not a problem - my goal of reading 12 books this summer is halfway done! - but I may not be reading the 'right books'. In a book I had on writing (I've got a lot of those!), it said something about researching before you write (actually, another book I had on writing said so, as well). So, I've gotta watch some more superhero films and television series for inspiration! I hope this works :)

But I also need to make the characters interesting, because I feel like they're too one-dimensional. I was getting bored with my characters -and I'm the writer! Something must be wrong there, you know? Luckily, I've had some tips and advice on this, both from my screenwriting teacher last school semester and some others. I also have that book on writing character emotions, which I feel like is really helping and getting me to think about character emotions - which will definitely make them alive. I really want more of those books with little "exercises" - they really help me get into understanding how to write a story to its full potential :)

Well, that's it for the week! Before I go, please excuse me for taking time to brag, but...I GOT NOMINATED FOR A LIEBESTER BLOG AWARD!!! Seriously, my friend, S.J. Bouquet (we've become really fast friends :) nominated me and tweeted me, and I was like, "OMG WHAT IS THIS AWARD AND I'VE BEEN NOMINATED!!!" One of the best moments of my life. Feel free to check out about it here! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment