Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Enter June


And oops! I forgot to post a picture of my new yarn braids last week. It'd be easier to see a photo of my locks, then my cut hair, and then my yarn braids, but I didn't take them like that (not to mention that I don't have the photo of me without locks/yarn braids). So I'll try to post them together! Let me know if you see a difference :)



The beginning of the week's been kinda hectic! Let me recount, shall I? 

So...I posted last week that we were going to another city for an aunt's birthday party that I actually wasn't invited to but my parents would be farther away so we stayed in a hotel (I know; a mouthful). Well, we made it there Saturday. Since my parents left at the party, the rest of us just hung out in the hotel...messing with the hotel...typing on phones/laptops...flipping through television channels (there's never anything to watch :P)...Yeah, I was bored. But at least I got Dominos' pizza! :D


We are at this SUPER fancy restaurant for lunch with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. Seriously, it looked like a mansion! And there was even a guy dressed up at the front to open out car doors O_O The food was delicious! I'm not a breakfast food kind of gal (it was brunch), but they had shrimp, salads, bread (yum!) and cake.

We checked out our aunt and uncle's new house, so we did get to spend some time with them there (as well as at the restaurant, of course). The house looked nice! Nothing's in there so far, and I don't know when they're moving there or not. So anyway...we stayed there for a little while before leaving off to go back home.

My aunt gave us a lot of clothes she/my cousins have outworn. Mom got first dibs, then my sister Imani, then me, then Amber, then Sage, and then sell/giveaway. A lot of the clothes fit my Mom, which sucked for me cause I wanted to wear them! :P (lol), but I did get some nice T-shirts to practice on for more upcycling projects. And having the hand-me-downs made me feel very blessed that my relatives gave those things away to me for free :3


Brad and Aj’s birthday was Monday! Brad turned 14 and Aj turned 7. We went to Jungle Rapids and had Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and Jimmy John’s for dinner, both lovely choices :) We may go to Toys-R-Us later this week, I dunno...And my grandma should be coming over sometime this week to celebrate :D

My parents' twenty-first anniversary was Tuesday! We went to watch Days of Future Past! While I'm still confused about the X-Men timeline, it was really good. And oh my gosh-Quicksilver. He. Was. Epic. And we ate at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Yum!

I've got some more upcycling projects I've been working on :) I'll try posting them up here this week.

The week's been kind of hectic, so I used it as an excuse to lag in my writing :P But I did write something! Ha! :P I'm supposed to be doing my Star Wars fanfic, but I decided that I didn't want to spend a lot of time on editing the novel I had written back in February (and believe me, it needs a LOT of editing), so I'm probably going to go with my sort of abridged version. I still have some kinks to work out, so it may take awhile, but it will be done! :D

Speaking of books and such, I got City of Bones from the library Wednesday! I'm actually not really into the whole demon-hunting thing, but I loved the writing style because it kept me engaged and decided to read it. I already like Jace - hehe ;) I think I'll probably end up liking this one a lot, even if I don't read the rest in the series.

That's pretty much been it! I got my yarn braids taken out today so Mom can wash my hair. We're going to do other stuff with our hair, too: I just can't remember it all xD And Switched At Birth comes on in two weeks, and I'm thinking of watching it if just to see something (all of my other shows will be off till the fall-boo!) Haha, bye-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment